[Chapter 25]

Payton's POV

"Are we really going tonight?" I asked nervously as I saw how stressed Styles looked while he roamed swiftly through my clothes. "Yes we are." He responded sharply, not looking at me once. "But it's so late... and so last minute... and I'm not even ready or prepared to go out and see anymore gangs or.... just to be around... other people." I began to get more and more anxious the more I thought about it.

It felt weird honestly knowing that I was allowed outdoors. And it scared me a lot surprisingly. I should be on lock down at the house every day shouldn't I? Why am I allowed to go outside with them? And it's to be with other gang members. How deep am I getting into their lives? The deeper I get, the worse it is for me and the more they'll keep me here. I really don't want to be a part of this at all.

"You met them before. Stop being a baby." He said bluntly before he grabbed out a black dress that I was saving for a future date. "Is this a body fitting dress?" He questioned as he held it up and inspected it. "Yeah, that is... but I'm saving it for a d-"

"Put it on. Now." He rudely interrupted as he threw it at me and continued to dig around the closet. I gasped as I held it against my chest before I stared at him. "You're comfortable with taking me to this club place?" I asked in disbelief. "I don't have a choice Payton. I have to take you. And if I don't, I risk you escaping, and Luke wondering why I didn't bring you." He said as I frowned.

"And don't even try to talk me out of this. If you don't want me to continue what I was going to do to you a few minutes ago, I'd suggest you obey me right now and put that dress on." He said lowly as I widened my eyes and quickly made my way to the bed to change.

I made sure he wasn't looking before I quickly and awkwardly took off my clothes before swiftly slipping on the tight black dress that went just above the knees. "Why do I have to look like this?" I questioned before Styles looked at the ground while holding onto a pair of black boots for me. "You need to impress and play the part." He said before he eyed me.

"Ugh, it's too long." He mumbled madly to himself, referring to the dress.

"Impress who? And play what part?" I questioned as he handed me the boots. "Impress the other gangs and shine as our gem. Let everyone know how lucky we are. Or at least I am. And you need to play the part of being the hot girlfriend that's all mine and no one else's. The girl who goes everywhere with me and looks great." He said as I felt confused and conflicted.

"So I'm like what? Your trophy?" I raised my eyebrows as I held one of the boots. He eyed me again before breathing out through his nose. "Yeah, basically." He said. "That's ridiculous." I commented as he chuckled. "That's life sweetheart. Now hurry it up. And we need to work on your behavior around the guys. You need to stop looking so terrified all the time. I need you to look and be confident. Look like you're happy to be with me and that you're comfortable. No more looking down, picking at your nails, or trying to hold your breath. I need your head up high, smiling down at me, looking off like you're thinking about something, just do things that doesn't make it obvious you're my hostage who's scared of everything." He said as I listened to him carefully.

"Cuz I swear to god if you don't listen to me and obey my orders, I'm dragging you straight back here, and I will punish you. So damn bad. Making sure every part of your body bleeds." He threatened as he backed me up against the wall, leaning his warm body against my cold one. I couldn't breathe at this point as I glared up at him fearfully and felt my body grow numb.

"I can't have anyone be suspicious of our situation okay? In this life, we trust no one. Only the people in our gangs. Sometimes not even them. So I need you to really try and behave. For the both of our sakes. Cuz this could end, very, very badly for you. So just. Obey." He said sternly as he stared down at me while hovering over my smaller frame.