[Chapter 20]

Payton's POV

"Can I see your burn?" I ask in a hushed tone as I reach my hand towards him unsurely. He hardens his face by narrowing his eyebrows and eyes before hiding his wrist away from me. "No I'm fine! Just leave me alone." He barked. "You're clearly not fine, you hurt yourself." I sighed as I looked down at his now red foot.

"I didn't hurt myself, the damn water did." He growled before he shifted a bit, shutting his eyes tight and wincing through a clenched jaw. "Can I just see-"
"No!" He yelled as I tried to reach for him again but he pushed me away. I gasped as I fell back, now sitting on the floor like he is. I narrowed my eyebrows before I got back up.

"I'm just trying to help here! You're such a jerk!" I raised my voice down at him as he looked up at me with a hard glare. "Yell at me again, and I'll give you the same exact burn." He threatened as I rolled my eyes. "Yeah? Good luck." I sassed before I turned around and left. I heard him growl to himself lowly before he started to grunt and shift around.

I walked back to the bedroom, not caring anymore that I'm starving as I crawled in bed and curled up. I madly stared at the stupid wall as I gripped the pillow tightly. When is he ever going to stop being such a grade A asshole to me? He's always so rude, even when I try to show an act of kindness. I just am so done with this stupid routine. Obeying him, being terrified by him, hearing him talk me down. It's not right and it's not fair to me at all.

I didn't know how long I spent talking to myself in my mind, but time obviously passed by because I heard the door open and slow footsteps enter in. I heard grunt noises and limping, giving me a good feeling that it was Styles. Something else followed along though as I took in a whiff of something delicious. My stomach began to growl, reminding me of how long it's been since I fed it.

"Here's your damn food. You better eat it because I didn't go through that freaking crap for nothing." Styles mumbled as I heard him set something on the bed. "I'm not hungry." I bit back angrily. "Payton. I swear to god. You told me you were starving. Now freaking eat what I made you!" He raised his voice as I clenched my jaw.

"I lose my appetite." I sassed. "The hell you did! Your stomach is already rumbling! Now do as I say and eat damnit!" He yelled as I shook my head. "Payton!" He hissed my name as he leaned over and grabbed my wrist, catching me off guard as he yanked me up.

"Let me go!" I whined loudly as I tried to pull away but he wasn't having it. "You're getting it the hard way. You know why? Cuz I'm freaking pissed right now." He growled as he grabbed the bowl and sat down on the bed, holding the food up. I gasped as he pulled me into his lap, creating confusion in my brain as he wrapped his arm tightly around me.

I struggled a bit in his lap until he slapped my thigh really hard. I whimpered in pain as he sighed heavily on my neck. "God you're so difficult." He growled. "I made this for you, so you're gonna eat it! I didn't waste my time for you to say no to me." He sassed as he set the bowl in my lap. "If you don't eat, I'll force it down your throat. You understand?" He whispered lowly as he gripped my hair and pulled my head back a bit.

I whimpered as I looked up at the ceiling before feeling tears in my eyes. I nodded my head quickly, wanting the pain to go away already as he breathed down my neck. "Good. Now eat. All of it." He demanded as he released me. "And if you don't. I'll punish you. I don't care if you get full halfway." He said as I quickly grabbed the fork and began eating.

I felt very uncomfortable knowing his eyes were on me as I was trying my best to eat the pasta he had made. I admit it was good enough for me to eat a lot of and I was grateful to have something in my stomach. I could feel my hunger get worse as I realized how starving I actually was.