Chapter 17.2 (Liam's POV)

Chapter 17.2
(Liam's POV)
I finished drying my hair before slipping on a shirt. I wiped across the foggy mirror, clearing a spot to see through. I brushed through my hair, smoothing it down in hopes of making it look semi-presentable. It struggled, one stray piece fighting against me.

I groaned softly, so that Sapphire wouldn't hear me. I didn't want to wake her up.

I never used to care how my hair looked, never, not even when I was with Tara. I would just brush it and run out the door, no need for anything else. Now, here I was acting crazy over it. I don't understand what that girl is doing to me.

I've never acted this way before. I'd do just about anything just to see her smile. I spent weeks trying to track down her brother just so I could see the look on her face.

It was worth every second, being able to see how happy she was.

I sighed, rubbing my face. I wanted to ask her out for real but I didn't have the confidence for it. Everytime I tried to, I got too nervous and changed the subject.

The night on the football field was the closest I've been to making a move.

I straightened my shirt before reluctantly stepping out of the bathroom.

Sapphire was nowhere to be found. She must have woken up, which was odd because she never woke up before nine.

I checked the clock, the numbers too blurry to read or comprehend. I slipped on my shoes, deciding I might as well go see how Sam was doing.

The door to his room was wide open, neither him nor Athena were in it though. "Sam?" I called out, swinging open.

My entire body froze as I stared at the sight in front of me: Sapphire's lips attached to one of my teammates. Isaac Collins, one of our sophomore linebackers. His hands rested firmly on her ass, holding her firmly against his body, her hand against his bare chest. She moaned in pleasure as he gave it a squeeze.

I stumbled back, my head pounding, my mind torn between knocking in his teeth and crying. I could feel the blood rushing to my brain as the room started to spin.

This can't be happening.

I clutched my head, stumbling backwards.

The two of them sprung apart, Sapphire's lips red and swollen.

I was out of the room before she could even get out a word.

I'm so stupid, an absolute idiot, a complete fool.

I nearly crashed into a wall in my rush to leave there. Before I even get a chance to try and stop them, hot, salty tears are streaming down my cheeks.

I feel like such a wimp, crying out in the open like this. I'm such a baby.

The halls are dark and dim, the air ice cold. I can barely see a thing through the watering of my eyes.

A soft, delicate hand wrapped around my bicep, holding me back. Lavender and honey filled my senses.

I didn't have the strength to fight her when she spun me around to face her.

Her features softened as she rested a hand on my cheek, "Hey, what's wrong?" Her voice was sincere, as if she couldn't hear my heart shattering with every word she said.

"What's wrong?" I stared at her baffled.

She winced at the rising volume of my voice. I knew she hated when people yelled, I could see her flinch everytime one of our teachers got angry.