Chapter 15 (Liam's POV)

Chapter Fifteen
Liam's POV
I kicked off my shoes, setting them by the front door. I let out a long sigh, pulling out my phone to check my messages.

The screen lit up to show one new voicemail. I smiled, getting ready to open the message before a little voice interrupted me. "Liam!" Clover sprinted towards me, holding out her arms.

I grinned, squatting down to hold my arms out to her, "Clover!"

She jumped in my arms as I stood up and spun her around. "I missed you," she hugged me tightly.

"I missed you two, munchkin," I ruffled up her hair. She swatted me away.

My thoughts drifted off the Sapphire. 'I know that the best part of your day is coming home and having Clover run into your arms even though you'll never admit it.'

She was right, it was the best part of my day. Maybe she really did know me.

But it was hard to think that after the Catfight. I mean she got every single question wrong. Even Tara somehow knew the answers. I felt absolutely nothing for Tara anymore but it was still hard watching the scene.

Mia and Henry sauntered into the room, greeting me with a smile. Mia pulled me into a hug, "How was the trip?"

Henry gave me a quick side hug before taking Clover from me.

"It was great, I got to see a lot,"

The three of their smiles dimmed. The topic of me going to college had always been a sore subject. I didn't want to leave any more than they did. But I had to leave eventually.

"That's good!" Mia stretched in a fake smile.

She always tried to be the tough one, not letting anyone see her true emotions.

Clover, on the other hand, was struggling not to tear up.

And then there was Henry, anger was his way of coping. He was quick to shut people out, which was exactly what was happening now.

Before I could say anything, the front door opened. We all turned to greet our mother. "Hi Mom,"

She pulled me into a huge hug, kissing my cheek. "My baby! I feel like it's been forever,"

I let out a small laugh. "It's only been a few days, Momma,"

She pinched my cheeks, "Oh hush, it's been too long,"

She turned to my siblings, "Can you guys give me a moment alone with Liam?"

Oh no. That's never a good sign.

They nodded before silently heading up the stairs. Momma signaled for me to walk with her, heading towards the garden. "First things first, business. You'll have the whole house to yourself tonight. Your fathers working the late shift. I have to head out somewhere for work. Mia, Clover and Henry are all spending the night at their friends,"

I drew my eyebrows together. "Any reason why?" It was odd for me to be alone with having three younger siblings. This would be a first in a long time.

"Well," her voice was oddly suspicious, "I figured you may want to celebrate. Invite your friends over, maybe the team or Sam, or even Sapphire,"

Sapphire?

"Celebrate what?"

She broke into a huge grin, "The scout called,"

My face fell almost completely. I held my breath. "What did he say?"

She cupped my face, "You did it baby, you got in,"

"Really?" I had to tell Sapphire, she was going to be so excited. She had told me to call her as soon as I found out.