Chapter 7

Chapter seven
I didn't wake up until the sun was poking in through the window and shining in my eyes. I groaned and snuggled closer to my pillow. It's far too early for this.

The pillow laughed before rubbing my back. I involuntarily shivered at the action. It was an oddly warm pillow and it was quite firm. Why is it so hard? I reached up, feeling the pillow. It was extremely hard.

"Sapphire, if you wanted to feel my bicep all you had to do was ask," the pillow joked.

Bicep? My eyes shot open. Liam's face was only a few inches away from mine. His arms were wrapped tightly around me and one hand was pressed against his back, my other hand feeling up his arm. I screamed loudly, jumping back.

And I'm on the floor. I groaned, rubbing my back. Ow, this floor is hard. I looked around only to find I was still in Liam's room, the room belonging to the boy who was currently laughing his head off. Rude.

He covered his mouth in an attempt to muffle it, "I'm sorry for laughing, it's just-" he paused, "how did you manage to fall off the bed?"

I glared at him, dusting myself off. Jerk.

He stood up, holding out his hand to help me up. I quickly came up with an idea. I gave him an innocent smile reaching up to take his hand. I quickly yanked his hand, pulling him down. He eyes widen as he lost his balance.

I clearly didn't think this plan through because Liam was about to fall right on top of me. He came crashing down landing on top of me with a thud. He managed to catch himself, somewhat, so only part of his wait crushed me. Still hurt though, a lot. But it was kind of hard to focus on the pain when you're laughing like an idiot. Liam joined me in, laughing along with me.

We were in quite an awkward position. Liam was basically pressed on top of me, his lips hovering just abound mine, so close that when he talked I could feel his lips brush against mine, our nose pressing against each other. His arms were placed on either side of my head, holding him up.

Our laughter slowly died down. "That hurt," I smiled.

"Well I did pretty much fall on you," he grinned, his mostly white teeth sparkling.

I was glad to know I wasn't the only one With morning breath, although I didn't particularly mind. The scent of strawberries and cologne was all I could smell.

Our eyes locked. They were the deepest shade of blue I had ever seen. A lock of hair fell in front of his eyes, he didn't bother to move it. My smile slowly slipped the longer we stared at each other. I had no urge to look away, drowning in the blue sea of his eyes. I could feel his chest rise and fall against mine as he breathed. I swear, the longer I stared at him the cuter he got. I could ever detail of his face: the freckles along his nose, the hint of gold in his eyes, his incredibly long eyelashes, the faintest tint of pink along his cheeks.

The door to the bedroom swung open, drawing our attention away. "Hey Liam," Mia started.

Liam and I jumped away from each other, him rolling off beside me.

"Have you se-" she cut off her sentence with a small scream, noticing our previous, very intimate position. She quickly covered her eyes, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't, I, um, I'm just gonna leave," she shuddered, her voice much higher than usual. She tripped over her own two feet as she desperately tried to leave and shut the door with her eyes closed, a disgusted look on her face.

My face turned bright red. Liam looked about the same. He opened his mouth, quickly closing it having no idea what to say. We stayed silent for another moment. My heart pounded against my ribcage, my breathing unsteady.