Chapter 27

Chapter twenty seven
Athena giggled as I prodded her with a mascara wand, "You're terrible at this!" There was nothing but pure amusement in her tone as I nearly stabbed her for a fifth time.

Taylor sat on the bed, combing and styling Lilly's hair. The couple looked at complete peace as conversed quietly back and forth with each other.

Veronica stood behind me, straightening her, now snow white hair, colored to compliment her dress. She chuckled as I stabbed Athena once more, Athena finally giving up on me, "Alright, I'm not going to have an eye if you continue."

I let her take the wand from me and handed her a makeup wipe.

Athena wiped away my attempts and reapplied her makeup herself, turning out flawless as usual.

She tried mine next, keeping me in the chair long enough to apply lipstick, eyeshadow, and mascara. I even allowed her to do my eyebrows, since this was a special night.

"Liam won't be able to keep his hands off you," Veronica teased.

I playfully rolled my eyes, hoping she was right.

We put our dresses on last, once everybody had finished their makeup.

Taylor was styled in black dress pants, a peach lace bodysuit and a black overcoat, the perfect outfit for a girl who hated wearing skirts. Her hair had been tied up in a low bun, large hoop earrings wnmuciating her hair.

Her and Lilly matched perfectly, Lilly wearing a long, peach cottage core dress. Flowers had been woven into her gorgeous curls, courtesy of Taylor who spent three weeks trying to learn how to do it. She looks as stunning as ever, a beautiful flower.

Lilly held onto Taylor's arm, a large smile imprinted on her face.

I helped Veronica straighten up her dress, one which we spent hours looking for but it was worth every minute. The low v cut, black, lace top matched perfectly with the black, satin, skirt that fell to the floor. Her ash white hair fell to her mid back, complimenting the dress.

We threw out compliments to the three of them, feeding them the confidence they oh so deserved.

Athena looked by far the best of all of us, but that was nothing new. She was the embodiment of beauty, the large smile on her face, the twinkle in her eye as she giggled, the creases in her eye as her lips stretched from ear to ear. Absolutely gorgeous.

Her baby pink dress flowed down to the floor as she gave us a little stork, her blond curls spinning.

We cheered her on, showering her with compliments.

My friends had picked out my dress, I had seen it before but this was the first time I'd tried it on. They spent days putting thought into it until they all agreed on the same one and it was perfect: a simple royal blue, satin, dress with a not so modest slit in it that rose to about my mid-thigh.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, watching how the dress enunciated my curves and how my hair framed my face making my jaw line stand out.

I looked nothing like the girl I had been several months prior, I looked happier, healthier.

My friends shouted out compliment after compliment, cheering for me as they demanded I give them a twirl. I complied, laughing the whole way.

I was going to miss them when I went off to college.

I smiled at the thought. I was really going to college, I got my acceptance letter to Winchester last night.

Athena had made me send in the application several months ago, just in case. I had thought it was a waste of time but now I couldn't be more thankful.