Chapter 17.2

Chapter 17.2
I bumped Athena up, trying to get a better grip on her.

She was currently sitting on my back as I gave her a piggyback ride. Liam strode beside me, carrying both his and my bag so I could hold Athena. Sam was on his side, carrying his and Athena's luggage.

I huffed, struggling to hold my best friend, the weight of her body nearly taking the two of us down. Man, I've gotten weak. "Sam," I groaned, "I feel like this should have been your job,"

He chuckled in reply, "I offered but she wanted you to do it,"

Athena shot me a cheeky grin, wrapping me in a hug, "I love you,"

I grunted in reply, "Uh huh, sure you do,"

We made it to the elevator without dying, somehow, and hit the button to our floor. It was me and Athena in one room and Sam and Liam in the other, or at least that's what the registry said. Girls with girls, and boys with boys, might stop pregnancies but definitely wouldn't stop intercourse. But hey, no baby, no evidence, or at least that's what the school thought. They honestly couldn't care less about what we did. Kids switched rooms all the time. Girls ran to be off with their boyfriends and were probably loud enough for the entire hotel to hear but the 'chaperones' turned a blind eye. More kids got pregnant during the seasons trip than on prom night. It's a miracle no one has stopped us. You'd think after six pregnancies last year they would have put a stop to it. But no, that's not the case.

That's what our plan was, the switching rooms part, not getting pregnant. I doubt I would ever do that. I'm not putting a child through the pain of having me as a mother.

Athena would room with Sam, and I would stay with Liam. Perfect. I think Athena was more excited about Liam and I sharing a room than I was. As if the mere instance of us sharing a room would cause us to confess our undying love for each other. If only.

The elevator doors slid open and I ran out, taking Athena with me, the two of us giggling like crazy as we bobbled back and forth, nearly toppling over. She swung her hand out, "That's our room,"

I raised an eyebrow, "You mean you and Sam's room?"

Her ears tinge pink at the thought. She mumbled inaudibly in reply before trying to change the subject, "I think that was improper grammar."

I swiped our card on the door, the light flashing green before I was able to open it. Sam followed us in to set down their bags while Liam carried the others to our room. The room he and I would be sharing.

I had shared a room with Liam plenty of time, it was nothing new. But something was different this time, maybe it was the atmosphere, I couldn't be sure. But the thought of sharing a room with him tonight seemed oddly intimidating.

I flopped down on the bed, crushing Athena, who was still on my back, in the process. She whined in response. "You're crushing me," she wheezed.

I apply more weight to my best friend, squishing her. "Sapphire!" She laughed.

I rolled up off of her, moving to sit on the end of the bed. Liam appeared in the doorway, leaning against the frame with his arms crossed.

I examined every inch of him; the way his biceps tensed when he stood like that, the small whisp of hair that fell in front of his face, the faint span of freckles across the bridge of his nose. He was flawless.

My eyes lingered on him for perhaps a bit too long. The sly smirk that curved his lips told me I was correct.

I snapped my head back to Athena, my cheeks heating up. She bit back her grin, trying not to let her giddy emotions show in front of Sam. He still wasn't aware that all of this was completely fake, well most of it.