Chapter 14.2

Chapter 14.2
"So tell me everything," I insisted.

Now that I had finally accepted that it was actually him, and that this was truly reality, I wanted to know everything about his life.

Maverick and I were currently at Henri's. The two of us didn't say much the entire ride here, both in shock that we could actually see each other again.

Henri's was one of my favorite places and I was so excited to show Maverick it. I couldn't believe Liam had remembered how much like it since the two of us had never actually been here. I'd only told him about it once.

It reminded me of a place Mom used to take us, me and Maverick, back in Port Meadow.

Henri's was on the border of town, which is why Liam and I had never gone before, it was fairly far away. The windows were lined with crystalline paper which allowed rainbows to shine in as the sun hit them. Various bouquets of daisies and sunflowers lined the room along with several peace signs. Shades of yellow, pink, green, blue, and purple, were splattered all around the walls in random patterns.

I had found it with Chase one afternoon when we were exploring. It had become our spot, we went here all of the time, just the two of us. It was the only spot we knew Charles or Brandon would never come. It was too 'hippie' for them. They would be ashamed to show their faces. Chase and I, on the other hand, adored it.

He nodded, "Well, after mom died and they took you away, I moved in with Aunt María. She was-" he paused, looking for the right word, "cordial. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't bad at all actually. I was just so upset over the fact that she wouldn't take you in as well simply because you 'weren't blood' that I guess I shut her out completely; convinced myself that she was a monster. I moved out as soon as I turned eighteen, got a dorm in college. I made some great friends, I still know most of them even now. I graduated from college, got a job as a social worker,"

I smiled. He had always said he wanted to help people. I'm glad now he can.

"I met my wife,"

I glanced down to the silver band placed on his finger.

"She's amazing, I think you would love her. Her name's Lorina. She's," he paused, his eyes lighting up, his hands moving around for emphasis, "Well, she's perfect. She's always supportive of me, she's just as stubborn as you, won't hesitate to tell me when I'm being an idiot. She even helped me try to find you all those years,"

"She's sounds great,"

"She is. I love her more than anything."

He paused, adding suspense to his next words, "And we have a four year old daughter,"

My smile was so big I couldn't contain it, "What?"

He pulled up a picture of her on his phone. She looks so much like him, the same dark curls, which I had a feeling he would never learn to tame. The same nose, smile. Her eyes were different though, no doubt from her mother: a deep hazel color.

I'm an aunt.

"She's beautiful. What's her name?"

A small moment of hesitation, "Sapphire,"

I stared up at him in confusion.

He repeated himself, "Her name is Sapphire,"

I could feel my eyes start to water again but I refused to become a sobbing mess.

"You named her after me?"

He nodded. "I never stopped looking for you. I got every record available, I called the social workers. I couldn't find any information on where they had placed you. And when I finally found a home you had previously been in, you had already been moved,"