Chapter 43

Nikami POV

Raijin looked at me, blinking in disbelief.

"What do you mean if she chooses one of us? We can just reject her, you know?" She puts on the glove on her right hand, adjusting it properly.

"At some point… We will fall in love with her, earlier I experienced this. This world is trying to keep our characters in check, it will also try to change our feelings for her as well." I explained, looking down.

"You… Fell for her?" Raijin stared at me, her face horrified by what I just said.

"Yes. But I felt like it wasn't «Me» who fell in love with her… But rather, «Nikami Shiromoru.»" I sighed.

"There is no doubt about it, we WILL fall in love with her. We can try to suppress it as much as we can, but at one point, we will fall for her. Even if it's just a few weeks, days, or even minutes." I added, turning my head up, staring at Raijin.

"..." Raijin went silent and clenched her fists.

"Damn it!" She punched the wall beside her, making a loud noise. There was little smoke coming out of her gloves.

"The world will also keep us in love with her if she does choose one of us. So we would have no choice to accept her." I told her.

"That's fucking stupid!! Is this world seriously going to force us to fall in love with her?!" She yelled at me, more smoke coming out of her gloves. Her fist was still on the wall.

"They changed our personalities, it wouldn't be a shock if the world forced us to love her as well." I nodded as I told her.

"Nika… How the fuck are you so calm right now?! We're changing, We're being forced to change just because of the stupid plot!!" Raijin took off her fists on the wall and yelled at me.

"The same reason that you're being unnaturally mad right now." I answered her question, glaring at her.

"T-tch…" She clicked her tongue, stepping back.

"Even if we are forced to love her, being with is still going to be our happiness." I walked towards Raijin.

"If I'm going to be happy with her, or you're going to be happy with her. That's what is more important, correct?" I took her hand and clasped it together.

"He-hey! What the hell-" She blushed slightly, since I held her hand.

"Even if it's forced, there is no doubt that we are going to be happy. If it's with the protagonist, she's our savior, our light." I held both of her hands tightly, looking up at her.

"So if she chooses one of us, our engagement will be broken… No hard feelings okay? Besides, if she chooses one of us, that doesn't mean that we can't be best friends…" I smiled at her.

"Gu-guh…" Her face turned bright red.

"Fi-fine! Whatever! Sure!" Raijin quickly agreed with me, nervously yelling.

"But… What if she doesn't choose one of us?" She stared at me, asking a question.

"Well, we'll get married and rule the kingdom. Make an heir and train them to be the best ruler they can be." I stopped holding her hands together and put down my hands.

"Ma-ma-ma-ma-MARRIED?! He-heir?! Yo-you mean like, make a child?! Us?! Th-the two of us?! Do-doing THAT?! Hu-huh?!" Raijin, fully red, stepped back and covered her face.

"I-I can't deal with that!!" She yelled.

"What do you mean you can't deal with it?" I asked.

"W-well… D-do we really need to go make a kid?! Th-the two of us?! Ha-ha-having se-ugh!" She was too nervous to continue her sentence.