Chapter 52

Nikami POV

After Shukona and Yasachu stared at each other for a while, Yasachu turned red and looked back at the two of us.

"W-was the cookies good?" Yasachu asked.

"Yes, it was great. The texture might be a bit rough on my tongue, but the taste itself doesn't have any problems. Perhaps too sweet for me actuall-" I started to speak a lot again.

"Y-yea- yea! It's super good!" Raijin interrupted me and she took another cookie to put in Yasachu's mouth.

"E-eh… St-strange… Shiromoru-sama talks a lot today…" Yasachu mumbled a bit, eating the cookie in her mouth.

Shukona swiftly took the bag off Raijin, stopping Yasachu in her tracks. She quickly took one and bit on it, giving it back to Yasachu.

"This… Tastes really unique and all, despite me eating a lot of sweets due to having a lot of tea parties… is it your own recipe?" Shukona asked, trying to stray away from that topic.

"Wait huh-" Before I could talk about how strange they were acting Raijin took another cookie and put it in my mouth.

"Shut up cookie." She snickered nervously.

"Stop wasting it." I grumbled, eating it anyway.

"We should probably go to class now." I looked up, then glanced at the entrance of their classroom.

"You go ahead." I turned my head towards the three.

"Errr… Th-the bell didn't ring yet right? I-I still want to talk to Shiromoru-sama more-" Yasachu spoke up, holding the bag of cookies in her arms.

"Oh, well, sure then, meet us in the cafeteria at lunch Nika. We will talk about this more later." Shukona patted me on the head before gently shoving Yasachu inside the classroom.

"Wh-wha? Wa-wait-" Yasachu tried to get back to me but was pushed by Shukona either way.

"Thank you for the pats, Shu…" I mumbled, looking down blankly at the floor.

"Well, uh, geez, you are super weird when you talk so much…" Raijin rubbed the back of her head, nervously laughing.

"I can't say you're wrong. But farewell, I'll have to go to class." I bowed down before turning towards the opposite direction, then started walking.

"I remember I found my homeroom while I was walking here." I blurted out, hearing footsteps behind me and felt my hand getting grabbed.

"Hey! Wait a sec!" Raijin called out, pulling on my hand, making me face towards her.

"What? Why did you grab my hand all of a sudden? What do you want?" I asked her, narrowing my eyes at the prince(ss).

"Sorry… It's just… Uh…" Raijin rubbed the back of her head and nervously laughed.

"Please let me go. I have to go to my homeroom." I told her, looking down at our two hands intertwined.

"Listen, I just… I'm scared you'll go away again. It's just that… This world constantly pulls us away. I… I don't want to be away from you again, after how many years we haven't seen each other. And come on! Can't you just wait for a bit? The bell hasn't rung yet… So… Stay with me for a while." Raijin explained, holding my hands more tightly.

"Wow. How emotional of you. We only have different classes, it's not like you'll never see me again. And you teased me for the same thing yesterday." I rolled my eyes.

"Listen to me, we will always see each other. We are in the same school after all, and… Besides. That girl is with you, soon enough you'll fall for her too." I looked away for a bit.

"I don't fucking care, I don't care about that right now! You really are such a fucking asshole! All I want right now is just some time with you." Raijin yelled out, gritting her teeth.

"I know I am." As I said that, the bell rang all around us. And I could see Raijin looking up and growling, her head turned down and grumbled, back to glancing at me.

"Gotdamn it…" Raijin took a deep breath, I could feel the gloves on her hand heating up. She was mad, extremely mad.

"Raijin Gakerumi." I spoke her full name, taking the gloves off her hand and making hands to hold them together.

"Wh-wha-" Raijin turned red, her hand now starting to go back to its normal temperature.

"You are my fiance, don't be scared if we won't see each other again," I spoke to her softly, looking down at our hands.

"Because, even if we were apart, remember that we will see each other again no matter what happens. And I kept thinking about you every day we were apart. As much as I hate to admit that, I was scared that you would hate me." I bit the inside of my cheek, I said another embarrassing thing. 

"Damn this curse…" I mumbled, gripping her hand tighter as I slowly let it go and turned away. Now starting to walk away to my homeroom.

"He-hey wait a fucking second!" Raijin started to reach her hand towards me, putting back her gloves on.

"We will always meet. We are rivals, aren't we?" I stopped my tracks.

"..." Raijin went silent, putting her hands back to her side and nodded.

"Yea... I guess we are." Raijin nodded and rubbed the back of her head.

"We can't fight if we won't meet, so calm down, we are always going to be thinking of each other. Whether it will be rage or something else." I spoke to her, and started to walk again.

"I'll see you later, go back to your classroom. I don't want you to be late." I waved.

"Y-yea! Fine! You better not find another rival in your class! I'll seriously kick your ass if you do!" Raijin yelled back at me, turning as we both went in our way. 

"I doubt that. No one in this world can make me feel excitement and irritation at the same time other than you." I mumbled, opening the door to my homeroom, and saw a familiar silver tail swinging.

"Oh! We have another classma-Huh? Nikami-sama? Woaaahh?! You're smiling?! What happened?! Who did this?! You are insanely prett-" Yuutsu grinned at me and her face glowed up as soon as she saw my smile. Wait, what smile???

I quickly shut the door, groaning in annoyance.

"I'm not smiling." I grumbled.

"Well, she is an extra, and I am an extra too… I should have seen the two of us being in the same class…" I mumbled, closing my eyes as I sighed.

"H-hey! Why did you shut the door on me?!" She forcefully opened the door and whimpered, her tail and ears fell down.

"Force of habit. Bye." I waved, getting inside the room and going past her.

"By-bye?! Just bye? Nikami-sama, please wait-"