Chapter 45

Nikami POV

"Ah! We lost one!" Yasachu exclaimed, pointing at the paper that was flying away. 

It was already out of the courtyard flying away towards the outside garden. 

"Ah? Where…? Oh! There it is, Damn. That is already so far… I don't think we can catch up to that." Raijin spoke, glancing over at the paper. Squinting to how far it has gone.

"Hm? Ah? Indeed, I agree with Rai. Forgive us sensei, but we lost one." Shukona apologized to the Heterochromatic teacher, smiling at her.

"The main character was quick to point that out… I didn't even notice. Does she have sharp eyes as well…?" I thought glancing over at the white-haired girl, then back at the Heterochromatic teacher.

"Aaahhh… Well! It's fine…" The Heterochromatic teacher says as she looks down and nervously laughs. She was hugging the papers tightly to her chest, now lifting her head up and grinning.

"It's no problem! Really, thank you so much for getting them. I get ideas more than I can execute them anyway…" The Heterochromatic teacher chuckled, smiling at the three girls. 

"Ah? You are… That teacher she described…" Shukona blinked, looking at her from up to bottom.

"Huh? Who?" Raijin glanced over at Shukona, confused at who «She» is. 

"Kin-Kinkusei-sama! Or… Eh…? I forgot… Her name… It just doesn't roll off the tongue well, I-I'm sorry." Yasachu immediately apologized, lowering her head down.

"It's Kinmokusei. So does that mean you are the teacher who can make artificial mana stones?" I told Yasachu that knight's name and then turned to The Heterochromatic teacher.

"Oh! Yea! I am, how did you know?" The Heterochromatic teacher tilted her head, surprised at how we know that she makes them.

"Hah?! You can make artificial mana stones?! Seriously?! How?!" Raijin took a step back, yelling as she was stunned at this discovery.  

"We were surprised too, Rai. That is why we wanted to meet the teacher." Shukona folded her hands, glancing over at the shorter girl. 

"Y-you must be a genius if you did…" Yasachu stared at The Heterochromatic teacher, looking up at her in awe. 

I stared at The Heterochromatic teacher once more and noticed that the gem on her monocle felt like it had mana as well.

"...." I stayed silent, carefully observing her. 

"Ahh, yeah… I guess I am kinda a genius, not anyone can fool a whole school, and even advanced mages after all. I am still proud of myself!" She chuckled at herself like she was just joking.

"Quite prideful of you, and what do you mean by «Fool a whole school»?" Shukona stared down at the woman, lifting one of their eyebrows up in displeasure.

"Advance mages too? Huh? Must be a joke." Raijin shrugged it off as a joke. 

"E-eh…! Y-you didn't that?! That's amazing, sensei! What did you fool with, and how?" Yasachu asked, surprised at what she said. Though she was curious.

"..." I didn't react, nor even flinched. I kept staring at her, observing her. It didn't seem like a joke by her behavior, it was just like telling a funny story rather than telling a fake one.

"Ah!~ That's a story for another day, and did you want to find me because of this? Must be a wonderful coincidence that you helped me then." The Heterochromatic teacher chuckled, holding the papers close to her chest.