Chapter 84

Raijin POV

I stayed in the dome, talking to the villagers. I paced around, nervously fiddling with my sleeves. I folded it up, wondering if Shukona, Yasachu and Nikami were okay. Yuutsu too… And she also said that Saboten was here somewhere, I hope those girls are all safe. 

I heard a loud shriek from a child, wailing and crying. Irritated, I glanced over at the direction of the whining. 

"Mo-mommy what's happening? I-I don't want to be separated from Lily! She might get hurt!" The small boy whined, pulling on his mother's clothes. Tears streamed down his face as he had a look of desperation. 

"What's happenin?" Feeling both pity and annoyed by the loud noise, I walked over both of them with my hands in my pockets. 

"I-I'm sorry for the noise, my son wants to go see his friend… You know you can't, if you get out now, you might get hurt… We can wait for the knights to arrive and rescue us, Lily will be there with her father." The mother apologized to me, before talking to her son with a frown on her face. 

"Bu-but-" 

"Hey, boy, what's your magic?" I asked him, trying to distract him from worrying any further from his friend. 

"Hu-huh? It's… Fire magic… I-I know it's rare for someone to have an elemental magic without being a noble… S-so that's why I want to use it and save Lily!" He answered me, looking up at me with teary eyes. 

"Oh? We have the same element!" I nodded, taking one of my gloves off, then gathering mana and making it burst in flames. The boy and his mother stared in surprise. The boy's eyes shined, for a moment his desperate look turned into sparkles. 

"Wo-woah! Mister! You're so powerful! Co-could you come with me and save Lily? Please! Just ignore mom…" He started to pull on my shirt instead, frowning as he was back to whimpering. 

"You know, I also have someone like that… She's close and dear to me, and she's also outside this dome and I don't know what's happening to her… I'm worried too." I let out some of my feelings, stopping the flames in my hand and putting my gloves back on. 

"E-eh? Then why aren't you coming out and saving her…?" 

"Because she's strong. Probably even stronger than me. I'm sure your friend is strong too, it's normal to be worried ya know? But… Trust on her sometimes. You can't do everything by yourself, that's undermining her abilities. So that's why trust in her! She's probably way stronger than you thought!" I gave him some advice, giving him a pat on the head. 

"Y-yeah she… She's really strong!" He looked up at me, nodding in understanding and he sniffled up his sobs. 

"Yeah! But remember, they're still human. So don't leave everything to them!" 

In the corner of my eye, I saw something flying towards the dome. At first I thought it was a demon but then that cinnamon brown hair with some white patches caught my eye. 

"What the hell?!" I exclaimed, taken aback from what was happening, I didn't take time to register it and just immediately bolted. 

"Mister?! What's going on!?" The boy yelled and I looked back at him. 

"I'm gonna save my Lily!" I exclaimed, running and shoving past all of the people that went in my way, getting out of the dome barrier. 

I panted, sweating bullets as I stared at her, took a step and then lept, catching her in time. Due to how fast she was going, I was pushed back as well. But before I hit the ground, I created an explosion behind me to create a counter. We both crashed into the ground, rougher than I anticipated.