Chapter 63

Nikami POV

I kept my guard up, staying low as I healed my bleeding hand. A large chunk of it was eaten by the shadow claw and cuts were there from the ice shards. Thankfully, it wasn't that deep, so I healed those first. 

My breathing got heavier, this wasn't supposed to happen, this wasn't in the game, everything… Where did this go wrong? I bit my lip, trying not to whimper and show weakness because of my limp arm, staring at the girl. 

"Hm? That's it? You're just giving up? Your mana is basically like the ocean itself, so I doubt you ran out of it... And you have a lot of attacks!" The masked girl asked and giggled towards me, wondering why I just stopped there. 

"Because of her." I smirked, hearing the footsteps from the door, as it slammed open and a frantic Yasachu came out of it. 

"Shi-shiromoru-sama?! Sorry I'm so late, wh-what happened..?" She glanced over at me, her eyes narrowing down at my arm that was hurt and cut that was slowly healing. 

"Shi-… romoru-… sama?" Her eyes widened at my bloodied arm, immediately turning her head towards the masked girl and froze. 

"You are late. Really late." I protested, scoffing. Then I stopped my smirking when I saw that she froze. 

Was… Is it just the shadows around the room, or did Yasachu's eyes seem dead? 

All of the shine that was always on her face, especially in her eyes, her aura of happiness and brightness suddenly just went out like a light switch. 

"Fuck!~" The masked girl exclaimed, knowing that she probably is done with but said it in a happy manner. 

"Though, it is extremely dark here, so I quite obviously have the advantage!~ You may counter my element, but you, a light user, are still very weak when it comes at night time." The masked girl pointed over at the standing and frozen Yasachu. 

Everything happened so fast, I only saw a flash of light from Yasachu's small body and the masked girl got thrown into the wall, pinned there with solidified light arrows. 

"ACK!"

"Huh…?"

"How… Dare you hurt her…?" Yasachu spoke in a serious demeanor, her usually high and quiet voice turned cold. 

"Ahahahaha… I-I never thought I would see you like this! You, out of all people...Seems like it worked perfectly…" The masked girl snickered, looking down at her body, multiple light arrows pierced through her flesh and yet, she kept on grinning. As both of our blood dripped into the floor like a twisted rhythm, the face behind her mask swirled into insanity as well. 

"Haah… How amazing of you…" She looked up with a bright smile, directed towards Yasachu. 

I blinked in confusion, I couldn't even see what happened. 

"Yasachu really is the main character... Just a second and then the girl who broke through my ice so quickly is pinned through the wall… Not only that, the masked girl seems to stare at Yasachu longingly now… Did she fall in love with her too?" I asked myself in my head, groggily standing up as I kept on focusing to heal.

"Fall… In love with Yasachu…" I stared towards the shorter white haired girl, seeing myself making my heart give flutters as I did. As much as I hated to say it, she saved me. There was a very small chance I could have survived by only using my ice magic…

"You two are interesting, not much of a match for me, however." She laughed once more.

"For endless void covering the world, oh spirits of darkness, help me turn my enemies into nothingness too, <Devour>" She casted, the solidified light flickered weakly as seeping darkness took over it like a hungry sludge.