Chapter 111

Nikami POV

The two were on the ground, and although Shukona's hands were bigger than Raijin's, they still fit inside her palms. I stepped forward, the earth user was already alerted of my position and scowled at me. "Shiromoru! I heard what you did to Emi! You're cruel-"

"That's Nika, Shu!" Raijin corrected Shukona with a shake.

She froze, cleared her throat with a cough and bowed with her head. "I apologize for raising my voice, I was upset and-"

"Please don't treat me like some sort of superior. Scold me, like always. Yell at me with all of your frustrations that are deep in your heart. Don't overlook the smallest sins, we told each other to be more honest." I held out my palms to her, and she caught them. Shukona bit her lip while her body was completely still, before a groan escaped her lips.

"But that wasn't you, why should I do that?"

"That was me."

"Hold up, what?" Raijin stood up from the ground as well, and stood to the side of our intertwined hands.

"Sorry, I didn't clarify enough. Even if I wasn't in the right mind, in the end I still have to bear the responsibilities." Tingles of shivers came to Shukona's hand from my own.

I'm Shiromoru, she's the personification of my loyalty for the kingdom that I had slowly abandoned. Judge of the ruthless cold truth, a queen must not have any bias.

"I... I can't possibly do so..."

"Cut the polite language, please." From the mana on her head, she's being influenced by that curse. I remember that she called me Onii-sama once, is this about her inferiority complex towards her family? She can face me as Nika, yet that underlying sense of doom is still there.

"Shukona. It's fine to feel fear, I understand. You are not weak." The three of us have some pride problems don't we? Perhaps that's why we got along so well. Showing weakness is a sin, and that all developed in different ways. Be it complete emotional detachment, Constant Irritation, and the feel to always show off.

And she got it worse.

Despite the Adventurine kingdom being one of the most lax on strictness and prioritizes freedom, her father had retained traditional values. Women are lower than men, nobles must always be elegant, commoners are always going to be treated as slaves, those are only of the few she had been taught throughout her life.

"But I am. I have less worth than a dime! Look, sniff, I can't even control my emotions. Not being the scapegoat correctly, and I can't get to be the caregiver role! That was all of my use! Of course I never had I ONCE thought I could be on the same pedestal as both of you!" Shukona knelt to the ground and pushed my hands to her face, that elegant composure had been rotten with snot and grief. She threw away her pride, the thing she valued more than her life.

"And that's fine! Not being able to do things right, or hell even control emotions is fine!" Raijin yelled out, snatched one of our hands and so we formed a hand circle. Despite a smile that twitched, she remained cheerful.

"You don't need to do something like sacrifice yourself for us, I know you feel lower than us when you're not. Actually, fuck, you're honestly more than us." Raijin's hands shook as she inhaled, and gripped my palms tighter than Shukona. She glanced at me, before I nodded.

"That's not-"

"Nah! Don't say anything else!" Raijin shut her up, and the tall lady shrank in place by the sudden scold.

"I had so much anger balled up inside me because of the king training I went through. That I'll never be good enough, those assholes keep comparing me to Nika and how slow I am. I try to use that anger in sparring but I go too far and hurt people. I genuinely believed I will never be as good as Nika, or will always be a person who will always just hurt people." Raijin's gaze set into the ground, sniffles came from her as glassy eyes created tears. Yet they didn't fall, kept there by pure force.