Chapter 40

Raijin POV

Once upon a time, in the kingdom close to the mountains… There was a hot-headed prince, passionate about fighting and training.

This Prince was about to go to the academy of successful mages, The Afosíosi Magic Academy.

This prince had a secret, the prince wasn't actually a prince… But rather, a princess.

Hiding her gender due to stereotypes, that a girl must always be elegant, soft, and… Always needed to be protected.

Her kingdom itself does not have these stereotypes… Well, It does exist, but not to the extent where it is almost a rule… Unlike the other Kingdoms.

The girl was born into a royal family, the firstborn in the Gakerumi family.

Her family was disappointed in why they got a girl instead of a boy, but they still loved her.

After all, they could keep on trying to get a son.

Right?

Unfortunately, after the birth of Raijin, her parents couldn't make another child…

Secondary Infertility.

Normally, this wouldn't be too much of a problem…

For a normal family that is, but they were royals.

The other kingdoms looked down on women, and the Adventurine kingdom was one of the only kingdoms that allowed same-sex marriages. Even finding a way to make same-sex couples to make a child.

They treated all genders equally, but of course, the other countries couldn't follow the same rules as them.

They only had two choices, to let all countries know that their future ruler was a girl or hide their future ruler's identity.

They chose the second option, to hide Raijin's gender.

Raijin had no choice but to follow her parent's commands, dressing like a guy, acting like a guy, speaking like a guy.

Fortunately, Raijin's build was more masculine than feminine. Raijin had a soft voice when she was young, over the years she trained her voice to sound deep and rough. But her soft voice was never lost.

She had to wrap her breasts with bandages to hide them, to make them seem flat.

But Raijin wanted a feature of her being female, the only way that wasn't too obvious was to grow her hair.

Raijin had her shoulder-length hair and she loves it, wanting to make it pretty… Putting a bow, or some hair clips.

But she couldn't of course, that would give it away.

She hasn't seen her other best friend in years and misses her dearly every time she lays in bed.

Her princess.

She wants her princess back, this lonely knight needs her.

They were engaged, but Nikami only thinks of her as a best friend.

Maybe now… Nikami might even hate Raijin.

Ice will never get along with Fire.

"Nika… Please don't hate me." I thought as I sat down in my carriage, looking outside to the academy... 

"We're here Prince Raijin." The coachman told me.

"Alright," I spoke with my raspy and rough voice, opening the door to outside the carriage.