Chapter 47

Nikami POV

We walked towards the dorm area for the girls, it was a big building with many windows, chairs, and seats outside it. It was painted white but there was a single green horizontal stripe on the building. Indicating it was the dormitory for the first years. 

Girls were talking and having tea in the front garden, as we walked past them I noticed all of them were wearing green ties. 

The three of us still held the envelope in our hands, and as we opened the door to the entrance to the dorms I suggested something.

"Shouldn't we open this letter?" I asked the two of them, Yasachu head quickly perked in my direction. Startled that I was the one who talked first.

"Ah? Correct Nika, we must open it." Shukona nodded in agreement, stepping into the building, and went towards the side to not block anyone's way. And we followed suit. 

I slowly opened the envelope and took out a card, a paper with some words on it, and a map.

"Ah! These must be the key card to our dorms!" Yasachu exclaimed, smiling brightly.

"And we finally have a map, how wonderful." Shukona let out a light chuckle, nodding.

I took a look at the paper which seemed to be a letter, and started to read it.

================================

Dear, Nikami Shiromoru.

Hello, young one! Tomorrow is the day where you will attend the academy! Now, this letter can only be opened after the entrance ceremony, so you must have already met me! Your maids/butlers are waiting in your dorm (717-A) with your items, if you wish you may go there and settle in, or explore the area of the school! It is your choice. Happy learning!

-Best of luck, from the headmaster

================================

"What a cheerful old man…" I thought, reading the letter that was in front of me. I looked up and the two girls were doing the same. 

"Ah… Maids huh… I don't really have one…" Yasachu let out a small chuckle, holding the keys. 

"Which number are you in Nika? Perhaps we are right next to each other." Shukona glanced over at me, letting out a small smile on my way.

"Oh, I have dorm room 717-A." I glanced back at Shukona, telling her my number. 

Yasachu flinched, confused as to why that was my number.

"Huh…?" She blinked, looking back at her letter to clarify something. And rubbed her eyes.

"Ah, that's wonderful Nika! I'm in 721-A! We aren't that far!" Shukona exclaimed, still having that smile on her face.

Yasachu now kept silent, not knowing what to say.

I glanced at the main character who was staring intensely at her paper, holding it and just… Gazing upon it like a person finding the holy grail. Her eyes were shot wide open but a small mischievous yet happy smirk emerged from her face. 

"Hm? What is the problem commoner?" Shukona glanced over at the short girl, tilting her head. 

"A-aahn… It's nothing! Just still very happy that I got into a wonderful Academy like this one…" She nervously chuckled, nodding intensely. 

We heard a ruckus outside and the door quickly opened.

The student council president was here, with her red band on her arm as she adjusted it and walked inside.

"A-aah-" Yasachu quickly turned towards her, and since she was the one most close to the door, she quickly backed away.

"Greetings there ladies, please make yourself comfortable. if you have any questions about the dorm don't hesitate to ask me." Shoubu announced, smiling at all the girls here. 

They quickly gathered up around here, respectfully asking some questions. 

"Rabadena-sama, why is it that our maids couldn't come with us when we first got here?" A noble girl asked.

"Well, it is because the headmaster wanted to give the students a sense of adventure when they first come here. The feeling of exploring alone and meeting new people is different when you are with a servant." She explained, still having a gentle smile on her face. 

"Can we carry on?" I asked them. I felt like I wanted to write everything down already, so many things happened today. The fact that I can see CG's and that me and Raijin had an agreement. And more…

I started to walk in the hallways of the dorm, looking at the numbers to see where mine was.

"Ri-right!" Yasachu nodded at me, she was sweating bullets. Extremely nervous, she followed me.

"Shall we go to your dorm first Nika? Since it is closer." Shukona suggested, walking with me by my side.

"..." I nodded in response, keeping an eye on the numbers and the many doors.

Shukona noticed that Yasachu was being unusually nervous, and let out a tired sigh.

"Just tell us, commoner. I don't think your excuse earlier was right, it is indeed true a commoner like yourself would be nervous to be in this academy. However, I do not get why now you choose to be nervous. When you weren't like this earlier." Shukona spoke some proper arguments, looking over at the main character behind us.

"..." I kept silent, listening to their conversation, and was still walking as I continued to keep an eye on the door. 700… it's close now.

"A-ahm… W-well you see- I-I uhm…" Yasachu tried to get it out, but couldn't as she stuttered immensely.

"We are here." I interrupted their conversation, quickly opening the door and stepping inside.

I entered a room with two couches in the living room, a big window with slidable glass doors. And right in front of it was a table for two, with two chairs in front of it. 

In the table was a teapot, a creamer for the milk, a sugar bowl, a plate for lemon slices arranged on a wooden tray. And of course, tea cups as well. 

My maid, Emica, was in front of it. Having a professional smile on her face that rarely wavers.

There were two doors, and looking from the outside the two doors on the opposite side of each other seemed to be bedrooms.

Bed… two bed rooms? 

"Greetings Nikami-sama, I have prepared tea for you and your roommate." She continued smiling, giving a bow to us.

"And ah, Shukona-sama, greetings to you as well. I shall prepare a cup of tea for you, please take a seat here, Shu." Emica smiled at Shukona, though her smile was slightly more different than the last time. It felt more genuine.

"Excuse me?" I let out a small gasp.

"A… roommate?" Shukona blinked, confused as well.

"U-uhm… So-sorry to hide this, but uh… I-I couldn't really get it out… M-my number is… 717-A a-as well… I was confused like you two! Why would we have the same number… It wouldn't be possible… Unless we were roommates…"