Chapter 100

Nikami POV

"Especially Raijin. Because I know Haiki, she just needs a little breather. You really made her mad, and I don't think she really does want to hurt you, so she's going away. She doesn't hate you, she just doesn't want to be lied to anymore. She doesn't want to chase the sun knowing it wouldn't get her anywhere. And all you have to assure her, that you really do love her. That you'll certainly want to marry her. " Hearing those words from her mouth made me almost choke on my tears, whipping my head over at her and blinking. 

"Marry...?"

"Oh, don't try to fight back! I've heard your inner monologue, I know how you are! Don't keep lying to yourself. I know you love her, that even the fact that she turned your back on you made you break. Seriously, each time you stare at her eyes you act like you're placing a ring on her finger." Hameru teased me, making my cheeks turn red. I shook my head, looked to my side and bit my lip. She has been in my head all these years huh…? I’ve never seen it that way but… 

A image came to my head, a long haired Raijin smiling with pure joy with her fangs out and her eyes fully dilating. Wearing a white bridal gown, she turned towards me and reached out her hands. In her other hand were a red and blue flower bouquet, the accessories on her head where white lily flowe-

“Hello??? Are you okay??” Hameru snapped me out of my trance, blinking at her then stepped back and covered my face, startled and flustered. Did I just really daydream that? What happened to me?!

I paused, getting an idea for a question towards the girl. I opened my eyes while she giggled at me.

“Did you… Ever think Haiki as someone you romantically liked?” I asked in a hushed tone, lowering my hand and folding it. She went wide eyed, rubbing her arm and broke eye contact. “Th-that’s a bit… Err…” She hesitated, gulped and shook her head.

“No that’s… Well, I certainly can say that I have been thinking of my sexuality while I was in here, but I think I… Really only saw her as a best friend.” She mumbled, forcing out a laugh and grimranced. “You know, that feeling towards her is something that you only have too! Shiromoru doesn’t like her, not even a little, and I’ve always seen her as a friend… You’re clearly someone different from both of us, Nika.” She smiled slightly at me, scratching her cheek. I was taken back at her answer, I really had thought that I liked her in the past. Were all of those really platonic gestures? Now that I look at it, yes, I really only did just play with her and comforted her when she needed to be comforted, I never once looked at her the same way that I do now.

“I…”

“I told you, didn't I? You’re someone, Nika. You exist, you’re here, you’re someone unique despite your upbringing. You need to get out of there, at least convince that girl to switch.” She took my hand again, taking a step forward and glanced up at me. Gleaming like caramel under the sun, I was once again flabbergasted at her. Despite her average body and looks, eyes had been filled with passion and mercy. 

“And how exactly do I do that?”

Understand her. Try to see why she is feeling this way, why she is trying her hardest to survive, why she won’t listen to you, why she hates you, understand the things you see as problematic, and you’ll see; that like you, she’s also human.” She explained, parting both of my hands and placed it on top of my chest. The beat of my heart vibrated through my palms, wondering why she did that to me.

“I’m not good at understanding people, I can’t get in touch with my own feelings, why do you think I can do that?” I mumbled, shaking my head. Why can’t she do it herself? I’m clearly not fit.