Chapter 55

Nikami POV

As the axe fell on Yuutsu, a blur jumped up and kicked the ogre on the back of its neck. Due to the strength of the kick, the ogre was shut down, the axe now missing Yuutsu and only landed next to her. The ogre's body was slammed to the soil as the ground shook along with it. 

"Huh…?" I gasped in confusion, what was that?

"Aww geez! I'm so sorry guys, this dude just escaped its cage and went inside here. Sorry if I was late!" Raikurai nervously laughed, standing on top of the now fainted albino ogre.

"Kurai…. Sensei…?" Yuutsu said in between heavy breaths, now falling to the ground as she sweated. Her ears and tail were down, she was incredibly scared, shaking as she hugged herself, she really thought she was about to die.

"So this is… The power of a teacher…" I gasped to myself, just one kick, one kick and this giant pain in the ass fainted!!

"I… I had to make a plan… There were three of us… And I even failed…" I spoke to myself in disbelief, looking down on the ground.

"I… I thought I was… Powerful… Why… Why am I so weak…? Because of me… Kurogane… she nearly died..." I grumbled to myself, closing my eyes as I felt everything go blurry… And foggy… I leaned against a tree, and huffed to myself as I opened back my eyes.

"No-nonsense!" The boy on the ground wobbly stood up, placing a hand on my shoulders as he used the tree I was leaning on for support for his weak legs.

"You were the quickest one to think he-here! If it weren't for you, we would have got hi-hit more easier!" He called out to me, and then I turned towards him.

"That doesn't mean anything, I was still weak, I couldn't defeat him, even with your help." I grumbled to myself.

"Don't say that. Really, that was absolutely quick thinking for a student like you… You knew nothing yet you still used everything that was in front of you." Raikurai added, jumping down from the ogre and going towards me.

"No, you defeated him with a kick, when I couldn't do anything. I should have done something better… I could have done something better than you… I just didn't have time to think and-" I tried to talk about how weak I was before he cut me off.

"I can see why you are a future queen, you need to work on your competitiveness though. Usually, girls like you push themselves too much, and I'm a teacher of one of the greatest magic Academies in the world. Of course, I would be more powerful than my students, I will guide you, not try to compete with you. You are a skilled leader though, making them fight even though they were in a tight spot, really! I applaud you! And you too Kurogane, you were brave enough to kick him despite the odds!" Raikurai clapped for the three of us.

"And oh? Sakuraso? Where is your partner?" He titled his head, looking at the boy next to me.

"He ran sir. He… Just left me here." The boy spoke, looking down.

"What a coward." I blurted out.

"Ahaha… Anyway, I am still very sorry for leaving you three here, you can rest in the infirmary for half of the day. Or even the whole school day if you want, you will be excused. I'll tell your teachers." Raikurai helped the shivering Yuutsu up.

"I'm sure you need it." He added.

"I don't. I don't need the rest, I can learn normally. I do not want to miss any classes." I argued back.

"Shiromoru, I know you are thirsty for knowledge, but the headmaster would KILL me if I don't make you three rest. And as a future queen, I'm sure you have learned most of the lessons if we are being completely honest here." Raikurai patted Yuutsu before walking off, looking behind him.

"Come on, let's get you to rest."

We walked towards the infirmary and when we arrived there, Yuutsu immediately went to sleep on one of the beds. Meanwhile, I just sat there and wrote down all of my thoughts, staying silent as I waited.

I can't believe this happened on the first day, and the fact that I can't even get out and go to class is making me feel extremely irritated. I wrote down on my book, hearing whining beside me.

"Oh, you're awake." I blinked at Yuutsu rubbing her eyes.

"Good Morning…" She giggled, sitting up as she looked over at us.

"It's afternoon." The boy blinked at Yuutsu saying good morning.

"Oh, right… Who actually are you? I meant your name, my damsel." Yuutsu winked at her, grinning from ear to ear.

"And your playboy personality is back." I grumbled, looking down at my notebook as I tapped on it.

"I'm Umi Sakuraso, a pleasure to meet you Yuutsu Kurogane and Nikami Shiromoru. I have heard so many things about you two. And please don't call me a damsel just because I acted and look like a girl." Umi spoke towards us, bowing as he also sat on his bed.

"What things?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Kurogane-sama is a very popular girl in school grounds despite being just a first-year, and that she flirts with a lot of girls. And Shiromoru-sama… The future queen of the Adventurine kingdom, what kind of noble wouldn't know someone like you?" Umi explained.

"I see… It would be natural for nobles to know the soon-to-be rulers of their generation." I nodded with her words as the bell rang outside.

"Oh, it's lunch time! Want to get some parfait's with me? I heard they tasted good!" Yuutsu exclaimed, still grinning.

"YUU-CHAAAAAANNNN-" I heard a voice call out from outside, slamming the door open as they whimpered.

"Yasachu?" I blurted out, seeing the short white-haired figure stumble in as the ahoge on her hair shriveled up. 

"Are you hurt?! What happened?!" She turned her head towards Yuutsu and flung towards her with teary eyes.

"Holy… fuck… huff…. Huff… Why are you so fast…?" Raijin staggered over inside as she huffed, sweating as she glanced over at everyone in the room.

"I'm fine! I'm fine! Were you really that worried?~" Yuutsu teased, winking at Yasachu.

"Of course I was!" She whined.

"Rai?" I glanced over at the sweating prince, standing up and going towards her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm… I'm fine! I should be the one asking you if you are okay!" Raijin looked down at me and embraced me tightly.

"What the-" I blinked, standing there as I took the sudden hug.

"You have no fuckin clue how worried I was when sensei suddenly told us that there was an accident that happened in your class! And when Shu asked who they were, you were in that list of three people!" She yelled out, stopping the hug and holding both of my shoulders tightly. I could feel warm heat from her gloves.

"I'm fine, really, no need to worry about it. If I was hurt I could have healed myself." I looked at her hands on my shoulders and lifted up a hand to place it on Raijin's.

"So no need to be mad." I turned back at her.

"But still! Grrrrr… I would have beaten the shit out of that monster, if only I was there to protect you…" She huffed.

"She doesn't need protection Rai, do you know who you are even talking to?" Shukona appeared, leaning on the frame of the door.

"It's my responsibility as her fiance!" Raijin yelled out, grumbling.

"Eh? Fiance?" Yasachu's head perked up, glancing over at the two of us. 

"We might be engaged but that doesn't give you an excuse to treat me like someone you have to protect, may I remind you that I was the one who properly taught you magic." I sighed at Raijin. 

"Yes, you didn't know commoner? Almost all of the nobles are engaged to each other. For example, Rai and Nika are engaged, me and Sakuraso are also engaged." Shukona explained. 

"Huh? This girly looking dude is your fiance?" Yuutsu blinked towards Shukona and turned to Umi.