Chapter 39

Nikami POV

The messy-haired Knight nodded and stood up.

"Yes, it is indeed a knight's promise…" The messy-haired knight smiled at Yasachu.

"Th-that's amazing! I have never seen that before!" Yasachu's face lit up, nodding excitedly.

"Don't mind the commoner, she's new to these types of things." Shukona sighed and glanced at Yasachu.

"Is that so… It's rare for us knights to do it, I guess today is your lucky day." She smiles at Yasachu, her tail slowly swinging around in calmness.

"..." I felt slightly impatient, when will Raijin arrive?

"I'm sure Rai will only arrive when this knight will introduce herself… But I just need to stay silent and observe them. After all, I'm supposed to be a side character. A secret capture target." I thought, staring at the three of them.

"But I can't be always silent, I'll seem like a creep." I softly sighed, then opened my mouth.

"I'm curious about this teacher, can you give me a small description of her?" I asked the messy-haired knight, wanting to know more.

"I need to know as well, she seems interesting… To think someone could make artificial mana stones, she must be a genius. I would like to meet her." Shukona nodded at my words, agreeing with me.

"A-ah right! That would help us a lot when we're looking for her!! I-if that doesn't bother you… Of course." Yasachu nervously laughed, scratched the back of her neck.

"Ah! No no, it's alright." The messy-haired knight gently smiled and put her hand on her chest.

"I would be happy to serve." The messy-haired knight kept on smiling at us.

"A-ah, great! Thanks so much." Yasachu smiles at the messy-haired knight even more.

"That would be greatly appreciated." Shukona nodded at her.

"Thank you." I thanked her, my face still blank as always.

"Well… Let's see…" The messy-haired knight puts her hand on her chin, thinking about the teacher's appearance.

"Well... If I remember correctly, she had indigo hair in a messy hair bun... she had two different eye colors... I think. One was red and the other was yellow... Or was it pink? Ah... Forgive me, I do not remember well... I am a bit of an airhead you see... But I do remember one feature that she has that no teacher has! She has a monocle that has a mana stone in it." The messy-haired knight nervously laughed, her hand going back to holding the hilt of her sword.

"I-I hope you forgive me." The messy-haired knight cried yet again, tears are falling down her face.

"Different colored eyes…?" I mumbled in confusion.

"Interesting… Different colored eyes are rare, and only mostly found in spirits… She is either extremely powerful or extremely unlucky." I thought, thinking of this teacher.

"Air headed?" Shukona slightly sighed and was about to mutter «how inelegant» but she didn't want to be rude.

"You need to keep control of your emotions, tch… Stop crying. It makes your face look inelegant." Shukona sighed and stared at the messy-haired knight. Folding her arms.

"Ahaha, I can understand you… I fo-forget about things easily as well… Even I myself know that I'm really clumsy… S-so please! Don't cry!" Yasachu nervously laughed at the messy-haired knight, understanding her problems.