Chapter 111: Meeting and Ultrasounds

Alita's Point of View

Maggie and I passed each other our ultrasound photos, I gasped running my finger over it.

I grabbed her hand in mine, she smiles at me with tears in her eyes, as the two of us passes them down, soon I brought her into a hug.

"I can't wait to met my little niece or nephew." I muttered.

"Me neither." She says pulling away.

I slapped Glenn's knee, and he smiles at me. Then I leaned back into Daryl, he takes the photo and just stares at it as we leave the place.

Later on we headed through the gates, Sasha and Aaron greeted us once we stopped.

"Get Olivia. She should inventory what we have. We'll meet her at the pantry." Rick tells them.

"You have food?" Sasha questions.

"Yeah. Enough for another month." Michonne tells her.

"I need everybody in the church in an hour." Rick tells them.

"What is it?" Sasha asks.

"We'll talk about it." Rick tells her before cranking the RV back up.

"Rick, what's going on?" Carol inquires coming up.

"We're gonna have to fight." He informs her, with that he drives off.

-Time skip-

"And we can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food— Eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, Alita, and Abraham on the road." Rick tells everyone.

"Now sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They would of killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them." Rick states.

"By then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win." Rick says, I sat on a pew next to Daryl listening to Rick's speech, as I picked at my fingers.

"We do this for Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece." He offers, I turned around to see Morgan standing up.

"You're sure we can do it? We can beat them?" Morgan asks.

"What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us— Yes, I'm sure." Rick tells him.

"Then all we have to do is just tell them that." Morgan says.

'That's not what happened when I got back to my first camp, my first group, my family during that time, Morgan.' I thought.

"Well, they don't compromise." Rick pints out.

"This isn't a compromise. It's a chance you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us. We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety. No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive." Rick explains.

"Where there's life, there's a possibility." Morgan says.

"Of them hitting us." Rick raises his voice a little as him and Morgan argue back and forth.

"We're not trapped in this. None of you are trapped in this." Morgan states.

"Morgan... They always come back." Rick tells him, and I thought back to the Governor, when he came back and killed Hershel.

How the dead came and got my old man killed.

"Come back when they're dead, too." Morgan states.

"Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before." Rick says.

"I'm not talking about the walkers." Morgan says to everyone.

"Morgan wants to talk to them first. I think that would be a mistake, but it's not up to me. I'll talk to the people still at home. I'll discuss it with the people still on guard now, too, but who else wants to approach the Saviors, talk to them first?" Rick asks.

"What happened here, we won't let that happen again. I won't." Aaron speaks up, it's quiet for a second as we wait for anyone else to speak, as I sighed.

"I'm not letting what happen to my first group happen to this community." I spoke up.

I knew Evelyn (Gab), Ash, Sean (Jack) and Nate nodding at me. They are by my side, soon Ash and Nate going to switch places with those at the gate.

"Looks like it's settled. We know exactly what this is. We don't shy away from it, we live. We kill them all. We don't all have to kill. But if people are gonna stay here..." Rick trails off as he starts to leave.

"They do have to accept it." He directs at Morgan.

After everyone leaves, I headed out to talk to Ash and Nate, I know they are on guard duty so it's pretty easy to find them.

"Ash! Nate!" I called out, they stepped out from behind a tree their faces red.

"What's up?" Nate asks.

"I came here to show you two the ultrasound photo, but I'm more interested in what was going on before I walked up." I said raising an eyebrow at my cousin and friend, Nate clears his throat.

"Alita, uh, um—" He says clearing his throat, as Ash reaches out and grabs Nate's hand, and I nodded a little.

"Ah, I see." I muttered.

"You're not mad, are you?" Ash asks, I shook my head.
"**** no, to be fully honest, I shipped you guys since you two met each other, you two got finally got together, and you two keep each other company. I'm about as far from mad as I can be." I said and they sighed before smiling at me.

Then they were chuckling a bit, I brought the two into a hug.

"I'm happy for you two." I muttered, and they laughed pulling away.

"Now, the ultrasound." They rushed, I pulled it out of my pocket, and they took it from me and smiled.

"Do you guys have any experience with kids?" I asked, Ash nodded, and Nate shook his head.

Then I could see them remembering how Ash and I were with the kids at our first camp and our family over the years.

"No, friend." Nate replied to me.

"Well, you're about to, someone's gonna have to watch them when Daryl or I are working. If you two are okay with that." I told them.

They smiled, and I patted their shoulders before taking the ultrasound. Ash was shocked when I told her that and she nodded at me.

"I get to help take care of my cousin's kids of course I'll be happy to watch over them whenever I get the chance." Ash says energetically.

"Okay, Jelix's kid could you please calm down. You are showing more of Jack's traits more than you are of Felix's." I said in a joking way, as she playfully puts a hand on her heart.

"Says Miss Septiplier's kid." She responds in a joking way.

"Excuse me, Miss Jelix's kid, at least my ship is dead like how I want it, unlike someone else's." I mocked jokingly. Then both of us laughed, as I see Nate rolled his eyes.

"Oh you don't get to do that Mr. Natepat." Ash says jokingly slapping Nate's shoulder.

Nate laughs with a small joking hurt face, and all of us laughed. Once I stopped laughing, I sighed as I left the lovebirds.

"Alright, well, you two need to patrol. No more making out till you're off duty." I said, their faces burn, I smiled before walking away.

Later when I met up with Evelyn and Sean, I got to show them the ultrasound and they got excited as Sean energetically hugs me, while Evelyn smiles at me. Once I got done talking to them and the three of us celebrating for a bit, the three of us went back home.

That night after setting the ultrasound photo on my dresser I cuddled up with Daryl, and Foxy, I need as much sleep as I could get for what comes tomorrow.