Chapter 84: Plan for Grady

Alita's Point of View

The sound of Sasha chopping up a pew makes me close my eyes, Daryl and Tyreese pull apart the pipes of the organ to use outside to fortify this place, it's not much but it's the best we can do for the time being at the moment.

Well, it's better than nothing at least... Daryl had came back with some kid named Noah, but Carol was nowhere to be seen— According to him Carol was hit by a car and these people took her.

The same ones who I was told took Beth, who Noah explained to be a bunch of cops, their leader is a woman named Dawn.

She's keeping people there until they can work off their debt, but they never get to leave, so now we're getting ready for another show down with yet another seemingly hostile group...

When I checked my arm, it seems to be better like the bruises I used to have had back at the prison, so I can go and help the others in Atlanta.

I looked at Daryl as comes over to me, kneeling in front of me, asking me if I was going with them.

"I'll be alright but Carol and Beth might not be. They need us, and y'all are gonna need all the help and hands you can get." I explained, as I ran my hand through his hair, he closes his eyes, and I smiled gently.

"Baby, I'm gonna be alright. I got you with me, and I got the others. I promise once this is over I'll let you carry me around if that's what your heart desires, okay?" I bargained, he smiles that smile he saves just for me, he nods leaning closer, I smiled pecking his lips.

"We're going to be alright all of us." I promised pulling away, he nods standing up.

He stretches his hand out, I took it letting him pull me up. I almost stumbled a little, and he grabs my arms.

I nodded at him, we thought I was fine enough to go stuff on my own again with my arm. I threw my weapons on, and after getting some extra ammo, and I shoved it in my pockets.

I hugged Ash, and I kissed Carl and Judith on the head telling them to be safe, as I'm heading out the door I patted Foxy's head.

"Keep 'em safe." I whispered scratching his ear, he licks my hand a little.

I patted Michonne's shoulder before walking out, after Rick says his goodbyes we hit the road.

-Time skip.-

The ride in the truck is quiet, there's not much to talk about, nothing to do except get ready for the next fight and plan our strategy.

We went around with Rick in a building as he gives us the plan.

"At sundown we fire a shot into the air, get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We but the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the doors, Daryl takes the guard out." Rick explains.

"How?" Ty asks.

"He slits his throat." Rick says bluntly, he looks around at us.

"This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us, from there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons, we need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, take them." Rick orders drawing X's in the dirt.

"Daryl, you and Alita take care of whoever is in the kitchen, I got Dawn. If they're smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be five on three, six on three once we get a weapon to Beth." Rick explains.

"12 on three. The wards will help." Noah assures him.

"That's the best case. What's the worst case?" Ty asks shaking his head a little.