Chapter 85: Grady Memorial Hospital

Alita's Point of View

After finding Sasha knocked out and the cop missing Rick went out to catch him and bring him back so we could make the trade.

But when he came back there's no one with him.

Daryl and I walked over to him a little ways from our people to keep our conversation on the low and try to avoid panic.

"He wouldn't stop." Rick informs us.

"This change things?" Daryl asks, and I looked at Rick for confirmation about changing the plans.

"It has to." Rick says looking over at the other two we have.

"Maybe not." Daryl says to us.

"She said the plan won't work, the guy who did is dead. Maybe we gotta rethink this." Rick says to us.

"They also said the cop in charge didn't have any love for him. Maybe you did her a favor." I said to the two.

"I don't know if they'll play ball." Rick confirms to us.

"Let's find out." Daryl mumbles, and we turned walking back over to the hostages.

"He was a good man, he was attacked by rotters, and we saw it go down." The woman comes up with.

"Huh, you're a **** good lier." Rick complements.

"We're hanging by a thread here, he was attacked by rotters. That's the story." The woman said to us.

"You said the trade was a bad idea, what changed?" Daryl asks her.

"Lamson was our shot. So, it's this or you go in guns blazing, right? You don't want that." She says to us.

"If this is some bull**** you're spinning and things go south—" Daryl started.

"I know. I know the good ones from the bad." The woman says cutting off Daryl's threat.

"Let us help you." She begs.

"What about you?" Rick asks pointing to the guy.

"You wanna live? How much?" Rick questions, the mans quiet for a second.

"Dawn's afraid she'll look weak in front of us, thinks it'll tip things against her. ****, it will, she'll see this trade as a rip-off if she thinks you took out one of our guys. So, it's a good thing Lamson got aced by rotters." He answers.

I look over at Rick waiting for the final answer, he looked at Daryl who gives a slight nod before turning to me.

Looking back at the cops in front of us, I didn't know if we could trust them, or this plan they have.

But with my sister and Carol stuck in that place, I can't turn my back even if we could end up in a gun fight.

"Alita?" Rick asks, I took a deep breath. Hoping to get Carol, and Beth back to Maggie.

And the rest of the family, starting the new world with all of us back together and safe.

I looked at Rick and nodded as well...

-Time skip.-

Later on in the day we dragged the cops to a roof top and with Sasha and Tyreese on sniper duty, we waited under the hot sun.

After a while Daryl took over for Ty, I messes around with one of my pistols, my head snaps up when Daryl snaps his finger.

"They're headed towards the vantage point." Tyreese speaks into his radio.