Chapter 2: A Cop and his Kid

(Author/Red: Now this is where season 2 of the show starts. This is what she is wearing in this chapter, on the right.)

Alita's Point of View

"DAD!!" I heard Maggie yell, and I looked up from my motorcycle to look at Maggie then looked where she was staring at to see a Sheriff running towards the house with a young boy in his arms.

I rushed to the front of the house to see everyone ran onto the front porch to see the Sheriff and the little boy and another guy following them with Otis following him, coming out of the forest.

"Was he bit?" Hershel asks the Sheriff with the boy in his arms.

"Shot by your man." The Sheriff responded as Hershel and Patricia went towards the man, later leading him inside the house.

"Patricia, I need my full kit. Maggie and Alita!" Hershel yells pulling up his sleeves.

"Yeah!" Maggie and I responded at the same time as I took off my leather jacket as quickly as I can.

"Painkillers, grab everything. Clean towels, sheets, alcohol in here." Hershel instructed Maggie and I.

No One's Point of View

"Pillowcase." Hershel says as the Sheriff places the young boy down on a bed in one of the bedrooms, while Alita get a pillowcase and handed it to Hershel.

"Pillowcase, quick." Hershel says quickly with the help of Alita.

"Fold it like a pad. Put pressure on the wound." Hershel instructs the Sheriff while checking the young boy for a heart beat. Alita went to help Maggie grab some more things.

"I've got a heartbeat, it's faint." Hershel tells the man with him.

"I got it step back." Patricia says to the Sheriff, while he does what he was told.

"Maggie, Alita we need some space." Patrica says while Maggie and Alita went to the other side of the bed to move some stuff.

"What's your name?" Hershel asks the Sheriff next to him.

"Rick..." The Sheriff responds softly.

"Rick?" Hershel asks the Sheriff politely.

"I'm Rick." The Sheriff responds loudly this time.

"Rick, we're gonna do everything we can okay, but you need to give us some room, now." Hershel says towards Rick.

"Alita, would you please lead him out of the room?" Hershel asks the young Asian lady, and she nods at him.

Rick notices the transaction and starts to follow her out of the room. On the way out both Alita and Rick sees Otis and another guy running towards the house.

Once the two were out of the house they met up with Otis and the other guy on the porch.

"He's alive?" Otis asks looking at the two in front of him.

The guy with Otis was looking at Rick with sympathy as he helped Rick wipe some of the young boy's blood off of him.

Soon all four of them went back inside the house to see how Hershel was with the young boy.

"You know his blood type?" Hershel asks Rick as Alita was leaning against the door frame with Otis and the other guy as everyone else was behind them.

"A+ same as mine." Rick replies sighing.

"As fortunate as it is, don't wander to far, I'm going to need you. What happened?" Hershel asks turning towards Otis.

"I was tracking a buck. Bullet went through it, went clean through." Otis replies sympathetically getting his hat off his head while shaking.

"Edna slowed the bullet down which certainly saved his life, but it did not go through clean it broke up into pieces. Get the bullet fragments out. I'm counting six." Hershel says as Otis went towards Patricia.

"I never saw him till he hit the ground." Otis says to her as they hugged and Patricia kissed him on his forehead, trying to comfort him.

"Lori doesn't know... My wife usually watches... My wife doesn't know..." Rick says tearing up a bit.

Alita had a concerned look, and Hershel nodded at her knowing that she would help in anyway she can for the kid, the family or anyone else they could be with.