Chapter 35: Prisoners again!

Alita's Point of View

"Okay, let's get the other car in. We'll park them in the west entry of the yard." Rick instructed Daryl, T-Dog, Carol, and I. The sun was just starting to rise some more in the distance, but we had a bigger day ahead of us.

"After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them." Rick says to us.

"Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help." Carol responded, climbing out of the car she just drove into the field as she jogged over to the rest of us.

"Up in the guard tower." I answered motioning towards the tower in the courtyard.

"Guard tower?" They were just up there last night." Rick replied looking at me in confusion, but I shrugged my shoulders.

"Glenn! Maggie!" Daryl suddenly shouted and we all watched in amusement as Glenn opened the door to the guard tower shirtless as he looked down at us from the platform.

"Hey, what's up guys?" He greeted trying to play it cool, but we all knew exactly what the two of them had been doing up there.

"Ya coming?" Daryl questioned making Rick and I laughed as Glenn looked at us in confusion. The look on his face is so priceless.

"What?" Glenn asks looking confused.

"You comin'? Come on, we could use a hand." Daryl replied waving for them to help us as we began walking back to the cars to continue shifting them.

"Hey, Rick." T-Dog's voice suddenly called and I froze hearing the slight edge to his tone as we turned around to spot the two prisoners in the distance walking towards us.

"Come with me." Rick muttered as we began walking towards the prisoners. 

I grabbed the strap to my crossbow over my shoulder, ready to grab it in case they tried something. I could see Daryl holding the handle of his knife on his belt and I knew he was cursing himself for leaving his crossbow in the cell block, and for giving me back my pistol.

"That's close enough. We had an agreement." Rick says.

"Please, mister. We know that. We made a deal. But you've gotta understand, we can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies... People we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts." The blonde man explained as Glenn and Maggie walked out of the watch tower behind them, eyeing the prisoners carefully.

"Why don't ya move the bodies out?" Daryl questioned from beside me.

"We tried. We did. The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up." The other man replied.

"Look, we had nothing to do with Thomas and Andrew, nothing. You trying to prove a point? You proved it, bro. We'll do whatever it takes to be part of your group. Just please." The blonde man begged and I released my grip on my bow, these guys weren't gonna try anything.

"Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block or you leave." Rick responded.

"I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out, like..." The taller prisoner began to say, but I shook my head.

"You think that's bad? How about watching members of your group get torn apart by walkers? How about having to kill your friends to put them out of their misery before they turned? How about watching people you love kill themselves because they couldn't handle living in this world? You think dragging corpses out of your cell block is bad, buddy you haven't seen anything." I stated, staring at the two brothers as I felt Daryl grab my hand, squeezing it softly.