Chapter 140: Carl...?

(Author/Red: This part also killed me. Carl and Sophia were supposed to survive all the way to the end.

Good job AMC for killing not just Carl and Sophia, but a part of me not just as a comic reader.

Yet someone who likes the show. Hope you guys enjoy the Chapter.)

Alita's Point of View

I pant as I rushed to get everything in place before we start-

"Okeydokey." Negan's voice come back.

"Brought this on yourself, Rick. See, I was willing to work with you. All you had to do was follow a few very simple rules. But now- Well, now I see that you got to go. Scorched earth, you ****!" Negan states.

"He's not home." Carl tells him once he gets up where he can see over the wall.

"Oh-ho- holy ****! Everybody hold your fire. It's Carl. Look at you. Answering the door like a big boy. I am so proud." Negan says.

"Alita, we need to go." Daryl whispers to me as I shook my head.

"Go on ahead, I'm staying with Carl." I look at him as he gives me a look.

"Go. I'll be fine." I said.

I kissed his cheek before shoving him away towards the truck before walking towards the gate where Carl is.

"Daddy's not home, huh? Well, I guess he's gonna get back to a big old smoky surprise." Negan states.

"There's families in here. Kids. My little sister." Carl tells him.

"Well, that **** breaks my heart. There's kids at the Sanctuary. You must've seen 'em. Even had a little baby at one of the outposts. I wonder what happened to her." Negan says as I look down.

"None of this ****'s fair, kid. **** you know that." Negan now talking without his microphone.

I could see Carl looking at me, I knew he was saying that I didn't have a choice, I had to save his sister. Then he looks back at Negan.

"You had to kill your own mom with Alita there I think." Negan adds.

"That is screwed Ergo, we need someone in charge who's willing to do whatever it takes to make sure that **** doesn't happen. Oh. Wait. That's me." Negan continues as I rolled my eyes.

"Bad stuff does happen, but we can figure this out. We can stop this." Carl tells him with me nodding.

"Oh, now you want to talk? See, your dad had it that I died, no matter what. He gave my people a choice. Not me." Negan points out.

"Now we're gonna need a new understanding. Apologies, punish-" Negan starts.

"Kill me." Carl says flatly as my head snaps up at Carl.

Even Negan goes quiet hearing him say that.

"What did you say?" He asks after a moment.

"If you have to kill someone, if there has to be punishment, then kill me." Carl tells him, my heart drops.

"I'm serious." Carl states as I looked at him with mixed emotions.

"You wanna die?" Negan asks.

"No, I don't. But I will. It's gonna happen." Carl says, my eyebrows frown together, placing a hand on the ladder I considered climbing up.

"And i- If me dying could stop this, if it can make things different- For us, for you, for all those kids- It'd be worth it." He tells him.

"I mean, was this the plan? Was it supposed to be this way? Is this who you wanted to be?" Carl asks.