Chapter 90: On the Road with Aaron

Alita's Point of View

Tonight we hit the road just as Rick told us as Rick, Glenn, Michonne, and Aaron rode in the car in front of us, while the rest of us sat in the RV.

But something was not sitting well with me, and it wasn't long before walkers appeared.

While the others plowed threw them, and Abraham turns away getting us out of it.

After we came to a stop to try and find the others, our mass of worry is cut off when we see a flare go up.

And we began to head for it hoping it was shot by our people.

We found two men surrounded by walkers, after killing the walkers.

We helped the guys and ended up at a supply shop where we found out that they were friends Aaron mentioned.

After Maggie and I check one of the guys, we do what we can to patch up his broken ankle.

Which is a piece of wood to keep his ankle stable, and wrapped seam fabric around it.

Later I see Ash and the other guy hug each other, and I noticed that it was...

'Nathan...? Nate...? He is alive! So that means others might be alive as well.' I thought as I walked over to him and hugged him, when Ash lets go of our friend.

Later I was trying to catch up with Nate, then I stood outside with Daryl waiting for the others to show up, after a while we hear whistling.

Recognizing the tune Daryl whistles back, he steps out and waves them over.

I knock on the door altering the others, Carl rushes out and hugs Rick, and Rick shakes Daryl's hand before patting my shoulder.

"Nate? Eric?" Aaron says rushing inside, after checking on the others we head inside the place.

Later I ran my hands over Daryl's arms as we talked by ourselves in the corner, I laughed a little at his stupid joke.

"Excuse me. Excuse me, everyone." Aaron says as we all looked at him, with Ash and Nate near him.

"Thank you, you saved Eric and Nate. I owe you, all of you. And I will make sure that debt is paid in full when we get to our community, when we get to Alexandria. Now, I'm not sure about you, but I'd rather not do any more driving tonight. Um, maybe we can hit the road tomorrow morning." Aaron says to everyone.

"That sounds fine, but if we're staying here for the night, you're sleeping over there. Nate too." Rick tells him, and motioning to Nate.

"You really think we got to do that?" Maggie and I asked.

"It's the safe play, we don't you know you two." Rick says.

"The only way you're gonna stop me from being with him right now is by shooting me." Aaron tells Rick, motioning to Eric.

"And the only way you're stopping me from being with Ash or Alita is by shooting me as well." Nate tells Rick with the three of them stepping forwards as Glenn and I stopped them as Glenn talks softly with Rick.

Then Rick sees me giving him a look and after some time Rick gives in.

"Alright." He agrees, with that we find different areas and we go to sleep.

As I lay against Daryl I can't help but hope and pray that this doesn't ends up like the other places, that it's actually a place we can call home...   

-Time skip-

The next morning we were getting everything we had into the RV, but before we hit the road Nate and I were talking...