Chapter 144: Concerns

Alita's Point of View

Once Rick pulls away he takes Judith from one of the Hilltop people, kissing her cheek he looks over at Daryl before walking away with her.

I looked at the others and nodded at them to give Daryl and I a moment, and they did just that.

Sighing I go over to Daryl, he wraps an arm around my shoulders and tugs me into his side, wrapping my arms around his waist, I rest my head on his shoulder.

Closing my eyes I pull him as close as he can get to me, and he tightens his arm around me.

Daryl and I head out as soon as the suns up, Rick goes out in a car ahead of everyone to wait for the right chance to get Negan and his people.

"We sure it was alright to let Rick come out today?" I ask, drumming my fingers against my leg.

"He said he was ready." Daryl grumbles.

"Yeah... But we've seen how he can get- The prison after Lori. I just don't want him rushing in and getting himself hurt- Or worse." I said shaking my head.

"He'll be fine. Stop worrying." Daryl tells me.

"I will once this is all over and I'm laying in bed with you, the kids, and the dogs." I tell him, he looks back at me.

"We'll get there one day." He reassures me as he rests his hand on my cheek. I smile as I nuzzle into his hand.

"I just want it to be soon." I tell him.

"We all do." He says, as he presses a kiss on my head.

I jumped when a horn blares in the distance, Daryl pulls away, grabbing the air horn he presses it signaling Hilltop.

Standing up I shook my hands out a little.

"Ready?" I ask as I raised my eyebrow at him with my wolf ears out and eyes turning silver.

"Let's go." Daryl tells me.