Chapter 59: Alita and Daryl talks to Merle

No One's Point of View

The morning went by fairly quickly. Alita, Daryl, Glenn, Ash, and Michonne set up spiked traps along the road in front of the prison to make it harder for the Governor to get to the group.

It was Michonne's idea and it was a **** good one too.

Alita was busy helping Carol make lunch for everyone when Daryl came into the room, wanting to know if the two had seen Merle around.

But Alita hadn't seen the older Dixon for a few hours which kind of set alarm bells off in her head, as Ash and Foxy came in to help Glenn with something, but Foxy just laid near Alita as Ash went to help Glenn and Maggie.

Once Alita has finished preparing lunch with Carol, her and Foxy set off trying to find Merle. Daryl hadn't came back saying that he had found him, so she assumed he was still missing.

"Merle? Daryl?" Alita called quietly as Foxy barked, as they made their way down dark hallways, her crossbow raised not taking any chances, with Foxy not to fear behind her.

They had cleared this section of the prison, but the two rarely went down there.

"Ya need to grow up. Things are different now." Alita hears Merle's voice say and she sighed with relief as her and Foxy walked into the room to find him talking to Daryl.

"Things might be different, but we're still here." Alita said with a soft smile as her and Foxy walked over towards the two on the other side of the room.

Merle gave her a gentle smile watching as Alita stood besides Daryl, with Foxy sitting next to her.

"Your people look at me like I'm the devil, grabbing you and those lovebirds back at that supermarket." Merle stated nodding towards Alita as he spoke.

"Now y'all want to do the same **** thing I did. Snatch someone up and deliver them to the Governor, just like me. People do what they gotta do or they die." Merle stated at the two.

"Can't do things without people anymore, man." Daryl replied causing Merle to scoff as he leant against the bench to his right.

"Maybe these people need somebody like me around, huh? Do their dirty work. The bad guy. Yeah, maybe that's how it is now, huh? How does that hit ya?" Merle questioned.

With him staring at the wall across the room until Daryl took a step forwards, placing his hand on Merle's shoulder.

"I just want my brother back." Daryl responded.

His tone gentle as he looked at his older brother and if Alita wasn't mistaken she could see tears in Merle's eyes.

"Get out of here, man." Merle responded but his voice wasn't harsh, it sounded almost sad as he glanced over at Daryl before he looked away.

Alita sighed taking Daryl's hand as he began pulling her towards the door, wanting to give his brother some time alone, and Alita called for Foxy to follow.