Chapter 107: We should Talk

(Author/Red: This is what Alita was wearing later on in this chapter

(Author/Red: This is what Alita was wearing later on in this chapter. Hope you enjoy the chapter.)

Alita's Point of View

That night we pulled up to the gates of Alexandria.

"You know I was thinking... Back before we went out to the quarry. The morning after Reg and Pete. You said we shouldn't be looking for people no more. You were right." Daryl tells him.

"No... I was wrong. You were right." Rick says, after flashing his lights, the gates opened and we drove through.

I watch as Rick and Daryl carried Paul up to Denise's door, I knocked on it for them, and the light comes on.

"Sorry to wake you up." Rick apologizes.

"Who is this?" Denise asks.

"Come, man, he's heavy." Daryl rushes.

"Oh, that thing, uh, didn't work out. It's this ******'s fault. Sorry." He adds.

"Lay him on the bed." She directs.

"Alright, take a look at him. He ain't something though." Daryl informs her.

After he's checked out and his head's wrapped the guys take him to where Rick was held after his moment, Daryl sets down some water and pills while Rick leaves him a note.

"We'll see." Rick mutters getting up.

"It is pretty stupid of us to go out there, isn't it?" He asks coming over to us.

"Yep. Do it again tomorrow?" Daryl asks.

"Yep." I said rolling my eyes affectionately.

"Y'all share one brain cell, I swear." I commented following them out.

Later on I laid in bed next to Daryl, turning over I held him close.

"I love you." I whispered starting to fall asleep.

"You sure? 'Cause I only got one brain cell." He grumbles, and I sighed.

"No, I said you shared one with Rick. So you have half of one." I corrected.

He mutters under his breath, I smiled kissing his cheek.

"Night." I told him.

"Night." He replies.

We're not asleep long before Abraham rushed in telling us that Paul escaped from where he was being held.

And immediately we jumped out of bed and ran with him on a search for the man---

Hearing voices we rushed up the stairs with our guns drawn.

What we found is Paul sitting at the top of the stairs, Carl with his gun aimed at the man's head, and Rick and Michonne who are lacking clothing.

I fought down a smile knowing what's happened between them.

"Mrs. Dixon, nice to see you again. Loved you in Supernatural, Marvel's Avengers and the Captain America movies. I would of loved to see you in 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier'." Paul says nodding towards me, as I sighed while I nodded at him.

"It's— It's okay." Michonne tells us.

"You said we should talk. So let's talk." Rick says putting his shirt on...