Chapter 60: Where's Michonne and Merle?

No One's Point of View

After lunch Alita helped Beth and Maggie with the dishes while Daryl and Ash went outside to look for Rick.

Alita wasn't sure why, but she just had a bad feeling about something. Rick decided not to go through with it, so Michonne was safe, but something just felt wrong.

"Sis? Alita? You okay?" Maggie asked nudging Alita's shoulder as she snapped out of her thoughts before she nodded at her sister.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm good, sorry I was just out of it for a bit there." Alita responded as Maggie handed her another plate before Alita began drying it with the towel.

"Tell me about it, I was calling your name for a while. I know things have been a bit tense since Woodbury... I'm here if you wanna talk about it." Maggie starts.

"Also, stop blaming yourself for not doing more to help me and Glenn, you did all you can. It should be me who is blaming myself for not helping you..." Maggie said and Alita nodded meeting her gaze as Alita hugged her as she gave her sister a soft smile.

"Thanks sis... But... You did all you could to help me Maggie... So don't blame yourself for me getting hurt, it was my chose to help you. You are my sister after all." Alita replies to Maggie.

"Alita." Daryl suddenly called, and Alita turned around to find him, Ash, and Rick jogging through the room and by their expression on their faces she knew something wasn't right.

"I'll be back, sis." Alita quickly said handing the towel to Maggie as she quickly grabbed her crossbow off the table behind her before she jogged after the three men.

They told Alita that Merle and Michonne were missing a the four ran into the room where Alita and Daryl has last spoken to Merle.

(Author/Red: Alita has her crossbow, knives and pistols on her person already. Also Foxy is with Hershel at the moment...)

'****. He's not here. This isn't good.' Alita thought while running.

"He was in here. Said he was looking for drugs. Said a lot of things actually." Daryl muttered as the four of them spread out, trying to look for any indication of what Merle's plan was.

"Like what?" Rick's voice questioned from the other side of the room.

"Said that you were gonna change your mind. Here we go." Daryl said kneeling down on the ground by the back door as he picked up a piece of cloth.

"Yeah, he took her." Alita commented staring at the cloth in Daryl's hand along with wire along the floor the he no doubt used to tie her hands together with.

"**** it! I'm going after him." Rick responded, already walking out of the room not wanting to wast time.

"You can't even track well, Rick." Ash stated as the three jogged after Rick as he reached the back door.

"Then Daryl and I will go." Rick replied, but Daryl shook his head.

"No, Alita and I will. I said I'd go and I'll go." Daryl answered while Alita nodded.

"Plus they're gonna come back here. You two need to be ready." Alita stated, slinging her crossbow back over her shoulder as Daryl grabbed the door handle before he turned back to Rick and Ash.

"You're family too. Both of ya are." Daryl muttered before opening the door as he grabbed Alita's hand and with that the two of them ran over towards the cars.

Both of them climbing onto Daryl's motorcycle knowing he is a bit quicker than Alita on a motorcycle, since he was the one who taught her how to ride one.

Apparently, the Governor was going to meet Rick as a certain place when he gave him Michonne so Daryl figured that was where Merle would be heading.

It made sense and it was the only lead the two had so they weren't going to question it.

The two were only riding for nearly 10 minutes before she spotted Michonne walking down the road and Alita's heart dropped.

'Why wasn't she with Merle? What happened?' Alita quickly thought.

"Hey! Where's my brother? Ya kill him?" Daryl questioned stopping the motorcycle besides her as Alita leant forwards to try to hear her above the loud exhaust of the bike.

"He let me go." Michonne responded and Alita felt Daryl ease up in front of her.

'****. What the **** is Merle trying to do?' Alita asked herself.

"Don't let anyone come after us." Daryl muttered.

Him not waiting for her to reply before he tapped the bike into gear and took off down the road causing Alita to hold onto him tighter so she didn't fall off.

'Why would he let Michonne go? He wouldn't do that unless he had a plan, but what the **** was it?' Alita started as she was thinking to herself.

'Surely he wasn't planning on ambushing the Governor and his men at the meeting spot... There was one one of him against like 20 other men, he couldn't possibly think that was a good idea?' Alita thought.

The ride to the meeting spot felt like a lifetime, but finally Daryl brought the motorcycle to a stop on the side of the road as Alita spotted what looked to be a bunch of farm sheds and tall silos to the left.

"Let's split up, we'll cover more ground." Alita suggested, climbing off the motorcycle as she took her crossbow off her back, holding it in her hands ready for any danger they may face.

"Alita..." Daryl began to say, but Alita quickly shook her head.

"We have to find him. Come on, we're wasting time." Alita responded and Daryl sighed but nodded before the two ran towards the meeting spot.

As they got closer Daryl began heading to the right towards all of the silos while Alita wandered to the left towards the various sheds.

"Come on, Merle, where are you?" Alita whispers to herself as she walked around to the side of one of the sheds coming face to face with a walker.

She let out a surprised yelp slamming the end of her crossbow against its face, crushing its skull in a instant before she continued walking.

He had to be here somewhere, she thought to herself as she finished checking inside the first shed before she made her way towards the longer wooden shed.

But as she climbed the small stairs that lead into the shed something caught her eye.