Chapter 95: Buttons

Alita's Point of View

I stood out in the woods with Daryl, Rick, and Carol. We all stayed quiet listening to the snarling of a walker.

"I don't see it, but it's close. There's just one of 'em." Daryl points out.

"We won't be here long so what do you think?" Rick asks.

"We can go in when it's empty." Carol suggests.

"How is that? It's locked at night." Daryl asks.

"The window, there's just a latch, it can be left open." I informed them.

"A latch?" Rick asks.

"Yeah." Carol says, and I nodded.

"What if one of those pricks shuts it?" Daryl asks.

"Wait a couple of days, and leave it open again." I said, and Carol nodded a little.

"Best we got." Carol muttered, as the walkers started to get louder.

"It's getting closer." Daryl tells us.

"We need to do it sooner than later. Right now, they're not watching us. Not worrying about meeting like this. We may need the guns, we may not." Rick says.

"We will whatever way it goes." Carol points out.

"They're the luckiest **** people I ever met. And they just keep getting luckier." Rick states.

"How's that?" Daryl asks.

"We're here now." Rick tells him.

"Luck runs out, Rick." I reminded him.

"They've got a couple of footlockers just full of 9 millimeters autos, Rugers, Kel-Tecs. Just tossed in there. They don't use them. They're never gonna know they're gone." Carol says.

"Someone's get one now, right?" Daryl wonders.

"Mmm. Listen, the others, we want us to try." Rick tells us.

"You, too." Carol says looking at Daryl then me.

"So we keep it quiet. Just us. Here it comes." Rick nods to the walker.

"I got him." Daryl says.

"Hey, wait." Carol aims her gun and fires hitting it in the chest a couple of times before shooting it in the head.

But I took notice of a 'W' on it's forehead.

"We said we were taking me out shooting. I couldn't go back with a full mag." Carol says turning back to us.

"Lucky he came by." Daryl comments.

"We should get back." Rick tells us, we start to head through the woods,

"You'll pull the latch, we'll pick our moment." Rick plans.

"Us, we don't need to be lucky." He adds, Daryl leans over the walker.

"What the ****'s that? Is that a W?" He questions.

"Seems so." I mumbled, Rick kneels down getting a closer look, he looks up at us before standing and starting back.

-Time skip-

My eyes blur a little as I drifted off, blinking they clear up. I glanced over at Daryl who I walk beside through the woods.

I give him a once over before looking back in front of me, rustling leaves gain our attention, weapons raised as we spin towards the noise.

"Come out! Now!" Daryl orders gruffly, a man steps out, seeing who it is I lower my weapon.