Chapter 49: Brothers Arguing

No One's Point of View

"The **** ya doing, pointing that thing at me?" Merle questioned, anger rising in his voice as the five walked off the road back into the woods.

"They were scared, Merle." Alita replied glancing over at the older Dixon as he caught up to the four, but he shook his head.

"They were rude is that they were. Rude and they owed us a token of gratitude." The man replied as both Ash and Alita knowing that Merle wasn't worth replying to.

Merle was looking for an argument and he wasn't gonna get one from Alita, or Ash.

"They didn't owe us nothin." Daryl muttered as they continued walking through the woods and they heard Merle scoff from behind them.

"Ya helping people out of the goodness of your heart? Even though ya might die doing it? Is that something your Sheriff Rick taught ya?" Merle teased and suddenly Daryl stopped walking.

Alita nearly walked straight into him before he took a step towards Merle. Ash stopped Alita before she almost walked into Daryl.

"There was a baby!" Daryl snapped glaring at his older brother.

"Oh, other wise you would have just left them to the biters, then? And when did the girly learn how to speak in another language? Was she hiding this from us or something?!?!" Merle questioned harshly as he took a step towards Daryl and Alita before Alita grabbed his shoulder.

"Merle, shut the **** up! And if you were paying attention I learned before I met ya." Alita shouted pushing him backwards away from Daryl knowing full well this could turn violent and she didn't want Daryl getting hurt.

As Ash was being cautious as he stands near Daryl with a hand on his rifle, ready if something happens.

"Man, I went back for ya. Ya weren't there. I didn't cut off your hand, neither. You did that. Way before they locked ya up on the roof. You asked for it." Daryl said pointing to Merle with the bolt in his hand and Alita took a step back watching as Merle started to laugh shaking his head.

Alita looked at Ash, 'Don't' Alita mouthed to him, and he nodded.

"You know... You know what's funny to me? You and Sheriff Rick are like this now." Merle began to say crossing his fingers as he held them in front of Daryl.

"I bet ya a penny and fiddle of gold that ya never told them that we were planning on robbing that camp blind." Merle stated, looking at the four. Foxy started to growl at Merle for a bit.

"It didn't happen." Daryl muttered looking down at the ground clearly ashamed of what Merle just said.

"Yeah, it didn't cause I wasn't there to help you." Merle replied taking a step towards Daryl, as Foxy growled as he walked infant of Alita and Ash.

"What, like when we were kids, huh? Who left who then?" Daryl questioned and Alita sighed remembering when Merle had left to join the army, leaving Daryl alone with their abusive father.

"What? Is that why I lost my hand?" Merle shouted and Alita and Ash knew things were about to escalate quickly.

"Foxy stay." Alita whispered to her dog.

"Ya lost your hand 'cause you're a simple sided piece of ****!" Daryl yelled in Merle's face before he turned around about to walk away before Merle grabbed the back pack over his shoulders.

"Yeah? You don't know! I-" Merle began shouting as he pulled Daryl backwards with enough force to make him fall to the ground, ripping the back of his shirt exposing Daryl's back which Alita knew was covered in scars from his father.

Some of which she had stitched up for him and she knew Merle didn't know about the scars. He was never around when it happened and she doubted Daryl ever told him.

"I... I didn't know he was-" Merle mumbled staring at Daryl's back in shock as Alita picked up Daryl's backpack from the ground.

She looked at Ash in the process to see Ash shocked as well, since he saw the same scars on her when they... In the past at the beach.

"Yeah, he did. He did the same to Alita for a bit when she was visiting from her abusive roommate in Atlanta before she move to LA, and he did the same to you. That's why you left first." Daryl replied and Alita saw Merle look over at her in both shock and guilt.

His eyes glancing at her, to see her with a scar on the back of her right leg from his father. Ash looked at Alita shocked.

"That's why you wear pants and don't wear bikinis anymore..." Ash muttered to herself. Alita looked away from Merle and Alita for a minute, glancing down at Daryl who was already looking at her as he stood up taking the bag from her.

Daryl slung it over his shoulders before he began walking away as Alita followed, knowing exactly where he was going, now motioning Ash and Foxy to go with them.

"I had to, man. I would have killed him otherwise. Where are ya going?" Merle questioned watching the four walk away before Daryl turned around.

"Back where we belong. Ash and Foxy belongs there too." Daryl replied glancing over at Merle who seemed to be torn between what to do.

"I can't go with ya. I tried to kill the black ****. **** near killed the Chinese kid." Merle responded looking between Daryl, Ash, and Alita.

"He's Korean." Daryl stated and Alita could tell Merle wanted to say a smart *** comment, but he clearly thought better of it as he shook his head.

"Whatever. Doesn't matter, man. I just can't go with you guys." Merle said and now it was Daryl shaking his head.

"Ya know, we might be the ones walking away, but you're the one that's leavin! Again." Daryl said grabbing Alita's hand and pulling her with him, Ash, and Foxy as the four walked off into the woods in the direction of the prison.

They walked in silence, none of them knowing what to say after what happened, although Merle clearly decided to follow the four because they could hear his loud footsteps tracing after them.