Chapter 99: On a run with Aaron and Daryl

(Author/Red: This is what Alita wears in this chapter and next chapter

(Author/Red: This is what Alita wears in this chapter and next chapter. Hope you enjoy the chapter!)

Alita's Point of View

I woke up early that morning, not that I really wanted to, but when my pillow fell off the bed and I jumped up to stab it—

Well, it ruined me going back to sleep. So after kissing Daryl on the cheek I dragged myself into the bathroom.

I turned on the shower before leaning against the counter to wait for it to get warm, I space out now noticing the steam filing the air.

A silent cry passes my lips, I sink to the floor hiding my face in my hands.

My body shakes gently, my throat hurts from holding back any sound that tries to escape my lips, then a knock on the door causes me to jump.

"You alright in there?" Daryl's gruff voice sounds through the door, as I wiped my face.

"Yeah, just moving a little slow today." I answered.

"You need something'?" I asked him.

"I was just checkin' on ya... Also need to take a ****." He says, and I chuckled.

"Alright, let me get in the shower and you can come in." I said.

After I shed my clothes I stepped under the hot water, the door opens.

I let myself drift off a little as I stand there, it's not long before the shower door opens and someone's standing behind me.

But I knew that it was Daryl as he wraps his arms around, and I laughed a little.

"Went from refusing to take a bath, to getting in one willingly— Suburban life's getting to you." I joked, he squeezes me a little.

"I'm willing to get in a shower if you're with me." He mutters, my cheeks heat up a little, as we shower I can't help the feeling that still sits on my chest.

-Time skip-

I sat down on the porch sharpening one of my knives, my dogs lay around me sleeping, Goliath, Sam and Foxy slept off in the shade.

I hummed softly to myself as I looked over the blade, grabbing a piece of old newspaper I test out how sharp the knife is.

Satisfied with it I set out to do another one, but I'm cut off.

"Time to go." I heard someone say, I looked up at Daryl, nodding I put my knives in it's holster.

Grabbing Daryl's outstretched hand I let him pull me up, I whistle causing the dogs to get up and follows us.

"You're really gonna bring that rat?" He asks, I look down at Goliath. 

"Don't talk down to him, he might just save your life." I told him, Daryl rolls his eyes.