Someone woke up on the wrong foot this morning.

***

After breakfast I head for my room.

I wanted to call my mom but decide on calling Chrissy instead. After four rings without her picking up I gave up and called Logan.

He picks up on the first ring. "Ditch class... we're going for a drive."

Logan knows I'm staying at Wes' mansion because he was with me when I signed the contract and he got to read the few terms and conditions on it.

He agreed to come to pick me up because Wes's mansion is located a good two hours from the city.

Like who lives a whole two hours from the city ...?

Wes that's who.

I know he owns a penthouse. The one he took me to the first night we met, so I don't get why he owns this mansion. Because by the looks of everything, I know he hardly lives here.

***

After waiting for almost three hours, logan calls to tell me he's outside the gate. I pick up my black backpack slide it on one of my shoulder and head out.

We start our drive by going around town and talking about random staff.He tells me about school and I tell him about work, but I'm careful enough not to reveal anything about the contract.

By the time the clock strikes one I am starving. Logan tells me he has peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in his bag so we decide to have a picnic at the Central park rather than eat inside the car.

"So when are you going to tell me what the job entails ?"
Logan asks before taking a bite of the last sandwich.

He has been asking that same question from the moment I stepped into his car.

"I can't Logan... I signed the damn non-disclosure contract. Telling you will be breaking my end of the deal."

I watch him frown at my words.

I feel like a terrible person right now but I need to keep my end of the contract.

"I'm really disappointed on you Chi... I thought we were friends and told each other everything... but I guess I was wrong."

Come on !

The guilty card !

***

The drive back to the mansion is quiet.

logan and I don't talk at all. We stop at a convenient store and he buys me a box of kit kats and mint chocolate.

"For your secret stash." He says as he hands me the boxes smiling.

Even though he's angry he still cares.

Ladies and gentlemen, that's why Logan is my best friend.

***

When we arrive a the mansion Logan kisses my forehead goodbye and leaves.

I find Ellen seated on the kitchen counter having her dinner.

She offers me some but I decline. I still feel full from the sandwiches I had earlier.
As I head for the staircase Ellen's voice stops me.

"Mr Hughes wanted to see you before you headed for bed."

What does he want now !

I shout an okay and head directly for Wes' room. I knock on his door but there's no answer. After ten minutes of impatiently waiting I decide to walk in.