Chapter 46🥀Tabs

🎶Listen to Amnesia by 5 Seconds Of Summer🎵

     *WES' POV*

"I said mocha not latté !"

"But sir yo-"

I cut Rachel short by throwing the cup of Latte at her. She ducks and it lands on a shocked Jean.

"Get-out !" Jean tells Rachel through clenched teeth.

Once Rachel is gone Jean turns to me all soaked up. Her eyes throwing daggers at me.

"I didn't mean to-" I try defending myself but she stops me by raising her index .

"Go home Dean ! You need a time out ! You've been giving everyone in the office a hard time for the last two weeks just because-"

I don't let her finish. I stand abruptly, pick up my suit jacket from my seat's backrest and angrily walk out of my office.

"Dean..." She calls me once I walk past her. I turn only to see her staring at with a straight face.

"Give her some space she'll come around."

"Now that's the problem. I don't want to give her space."

***

When I get to the parking lot Chad is waiting for me next to my Porsche.

"Is everything okay with Chicago ?"

I know Chicago is staying at my penthouse. The hotel management informed me the moment she arrived and I instructed Chad to keep tabs on her.

"Yes everything is okay."

"Then why are you here with me and not there with her ?" I ask in a gruff voice.

"Today she left for the hospital... but when she reached the front she turned and returned to the penthouse."

"Is she sick ?" I ask in concern.

"I don't know sir."

"Okay. If that's all you can leave."

Chad nods an okay then leaves.

***

When I enter the mansion it's awfully quiet considering the fact that Serenity is around.

I directly head for Chicago's room.

I haven't been there since she left two weeks ago.

I hesitantly twist the door knob. When I walk in, her room is just the way we left it.

Messy

One of her window is open making the whole room cold. I walk over to it and close it.

"Hey"

I turn and a smiling Serenity standing at the door. I ignore her and walk right past her. I head for my study and lock myself inside.

***

I wake up with a slight headache. I open my eyes to Chicago's room. I hadn't even realized I slept here last night.

I check the time on her alarm clock.

8:03 am

I guess since I can't go to work I have to make something useful out of this day.

I call Tamika and instruct her to clean Chicago's room. Ten minutes later she walks in with cleaning supplies. She starts cleaning the bathroom while I scan the room.

Just as I'm about to leave Tamika do her work, something catches my eye.

I bend next to Chicago's bed and pick it up and my face goes white.

I call out to Tamika and she comes to me seconds later. She sees what I'm holding and her face goes pale.

"What's this ?" I ask her.

She hesitates.

"It-it's a pregnancy test sir."

"I know what it is." I sigh in frustration."Who does it belong to ?"

She hesitates again and I slam my hand on the nightstand.

"It belongs to Ms Brook sir."

My Stomach churns and I freeze for a minute.

I put the test in my pocket and walk out of the room.

This explains  a lot...

***

When I arrive at the penthouse the manager informs me Chicago is in. I ride the elevator in a daze.

When I knock the door a sleepy Chicago opens. She's in an oversized grey hoodie and black leggings. Her hair is in a loose bun and she's wearing her reading glasses.

Her eyes go wide the moment our gazes meet. She's about to say something but stops when I raise the test to her eye level.

All color drains from her face.