Chapter 48🥀Plain Sight

🎵Listen to Faded by Alan Walker🎶

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

"Alexa, turn on the lights." I say while I turn.

The lights go on and I see my intruder face to face. But the first thing I notice is the tattoo of a mocking bird on her right thigh that is clearly visible from her ripped black jeans.

"It's you. It has been you this whole time." I say but I'm silenced when she pulls out a pistol.

Once I see the pistol I freeze in place.

"Serenity... you don't want to do this." I tell her in the calmest voice I can manage.

In response she cocks the pistol directly at my head and my blood goes cold.

I quickly scan the room and realize my back is facing the front door.

"Serenity, why dont we talk about all this ?" I ask her while busy looking for my phone. I see it lying on the floor next to a foot stool.

"If you try to pick it up... I won't hesitate to put a bullet in your head." Serenity spits out and I look up at her. I let out a sigh to try calm myself but it doesn't work.

"Why don't we talk Serenity." I plead.

"You want to talk Chicago ? Fine. Let's talk !" She shouts and I feel myself getting nauseous.

Not now baby !

I touch my belly lightly without shifting my gaze from the psycho standing a few feet from me. I heavily breath in and out and the nauseous feeling goes away.

"You ruined my life Chicago !" She says while dangling the pistol between her fingers.

"Dean and I were happy before you showed up ! "

I internally gag.

She does know that she and Dean are family... Right ?

"It all started nine months ago when you bumped into me at Dean's office while carrying a brown envelope. I didn't give you much attention but I sure wish that I did.

That same day I went to see Dean later in the evening and guess what ! I saw you with a bag moving in.I turned and left.

Then the following weekend Dean canceled our trip to Fuji because he was busy. I inquired his whereabouts... he was home with you !

He then took you at his dad's mansion for dinner and has let you drive his prized cars. I did my research and found out you two were dating !"

Once she says that it hits me. She doesn't know about the contract.

"Serenity I should te-".

"Shut up bitch !" She stops me from saying anything further.

"You know what Chicago... I just wanted to scare you....but when Dean took you to the Bahamas... I decided I wanted to hurt you... and I have been planning to so since then."

She chuckles in disgust but I just focus my gaze on the pistol. I feel like a first-class-son-of-a-bitch right now.

She has been hiding in plain sight this whole time and I didn't suspect a thing.

"...today morning... as I was passing by your room, I overheard Dean asking that maid about a pregnancy test... and when she said it was yours, I knew I had to kill you." She lowers her pistol and aims it to my belly."So here I am..."

I feel bile rise to my mouth. "Serenity please... let me go and I won't come back. I'll move far away from here. You won't ever see me... please." I plead while holding my belly tightly.

"You are having his child... something I'll never have. I will make sure you suffer until your last breath. May God have mercy on your soul once I'm done with you because I sure as hell won't." Her voice was calm and steady yet laced with venom ane spite.

I see her pull the trigger and five shots are fired. I find myself lying on the ground barely conscious.

I look down at my grey hoodie and it is full of blood but it isn't mine.

I look up and see Serenity looking at the door in horror. I turn to look what it is. My eyes land on Wes' unconscious bleeding body.

"Wes !"

I scream at the top of my lungs.