Chapter 41🥀Bug

🎶Listen to One and Only by Adele🎵

        *CHICAGO'S POV*

"...I love you."

As soon as those last three words come out of my mouth I quickly cover my mouth as if doing so will take back what I had just said.

I see Wes go stiff.

He turns to face me and our gaze meet. My stomach churns and I freeze mid-step.

"I... I have to g-go... I'm cold." I mutter and turn to leave.

It literally takes all I have to run away from embarrassment. I just painted myself as a total lunatic, I wasn't going to keep standing there and let him laugh at me.

I look back and see him stare at me till I disappear from his line of sight.

What did I just do ?

Complicate things that is.

***

Have you ever just laid down and done nothing ?

Because that's exactly what I'm doing right now.

I'm lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. It has been a week since I told Wes you know what.

A whole week and we've only bumped into each other twice, and  for those two times Wes has acted... normal... as if nothing happened that night.

I guess he didn't hear what I said and I am just being paranoid.

"Earth to Chicago."

I turn to see Logan seated beside me. I had actually forgotten he was here.

I texted him earlier to come because he knew some tech guys who could take a look at my laptop. It hasn't turned on since Wes and I came back from the Bahamas. I just need all the data inside to be retrieved and saved.

"This is the tenth time in the last hour that you've dazed off again. Is everything okay ? Is it about Dean Hughes ?" Logan asks me.

It's always about Dean Hughes.

"No. I'm fine." I lie.

Logan leaves an hour later and I start getting ready to go meet up with Jean. She's going wedding dress shopping and wanted me to tag along.

***

"Are you sure you are okay ?" Jean asks me for the hundredth time.

I am currently bent over one of the toilets at this famous wedding dress shop gaging my breakfast and lunch away. Jean is holding my hair from my face.

Once I'm done I flush the toilet and go wash my face and hands.

"I'm sorry for ruining your day." I tell Jean once we leave the  washrooms.

"It's okay. You should really get your stomach bug checked out."

I nod in agreement. Right now I feel too weak to say anything.

Jean takes me to a restaurant insisting I should replace the food I just puked earlier.

***

"I want tacos." I say as I place the menu back on the table.

"Chicago, this is a five star restaurant... they don't serve tacos." Jean whispers to me and I cross my arms and stand my ground.

***

"Three medium sized tacos please... two large cup of colas... oh ! and no ketchup on one of the tacos... but have mustard on all three... please."

I hear Jean order through the drive in window. I had refused to eat anything other than tacos so she had to bring me here to eat.

We eat in the car since it's too cold outside. Once we're done I grab my bag and start opening  Jean's car door to leave but she stops me.

"Chicago, one last word... have you ever considered for a matter of fact that there's a possibility that you might be-"

The ringing of her phone stops her from finishing that sentence. When she picks it up I get out of her car and run to my bentley.

***

9:00 pm

That's what the digital alarm clock on my nightstand says. I can't sleep no matter how hard I try.

Jean's words can't get out of my head. Even though she never got to finish whatever it is she was to say, I perfectly know what it was...