Chapter 27🥀Temptations

Happy one-month aversary to his writer ;)

Follow Instagram @booksbynayada

***

*CHICAGO'S POV*

When I wake up, my body is so heavy. I don't have the energy to raise my head. I look at my alarm clock.

7:14 am.

Shit !

Am going to be late !

I'm to meet Chrissy at Sweet Temptations, a coffee shop near central park.

I hop out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom. As I'm brushing my teeth my stomach starts to grumble... reminding me my last meal was more than twenty four hours ago.

No wonder I feel so weak.

Tamika had knocked my door last night at around ten to bring me dinner but I brushed her off. She said she had grown concerned  when I didn't return downstairs.

She told me the Piers had left immediately after dinner and Erick was staying in the mansion with his nanny. I really didn't ask her but she said I should know.

After brushing my teeth I head for the shower. Ten minutes later am walking  out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my wet body.

I walk into the closet and I'm met with shopping bags from Gucci, Dolce and Gabana, Louis Vuitton, Victoria Secret and Adidas.

Wow...

I pick up one of the bags and a maroon card falls to the floor. I pick it up and read it with a smile.

Hey...

Hope you don't mind but while you were on bed rest I noticed you didn't have a lot warm clothes with you. So I had Jean pick you some clothes and a few lady stuff... just in case.

-W

The smile on my face widens. I drop my towel to the floor and start going through the bags.
They were full of clothes, shoes and bags. I also found some tampons, bras and underwears. How considerate of him.

My mind was so occupied on whatever it is I was doing that I didn't hear the knock on my bedroom door.

"Oh lord !"

I jump at the voice behind me. I picked up my towel from the floor and hurriedly wrapped it around me. I hastily turn around only to see Wes' grey eyes staring at me intently. He is busy scanning my body... hungrily ?

Chills erupt all over my skin from the feeling of his eyes on my barely covered body.

I drop my gaze only to be met by a boner in his pants.

The fuck !

My heart threatens to beat out of my chest.

"Do you mind !" I whisper yell at him while ignoring the fact that my cheeks were turning beet red.

He quickly turns so his back is facing me.

I pick up one of my oversize t-shirts from my laundry basket and put it on.

"You can turn around now."

He grunts in reply. When he turns I notice he's all calmed down.

"I'm sorry I didn't know you were getting dressed... and the closet door was left ajar... so I just walked in... I'm sorry." He says once he's facing me.

"It's okay. Why are you here ?" I ask him uncomprehendingly.

He's in blue jeans and black long sleeved t-shirt. His hair is  wet so I guess he just had a shower.

"I wanted to make sure the clothes fit..." He says while scanning the room.

"I'm sure they do... thanks a lot."

"You're always welcomed."

We lapse into an awkward silence.

"Can I borrow your Range...?" I ask to break the tension.

He eyes me questioningly. "Are you going somewhere ?"

"Yeah...umm...I'm meeting up with my sister. She wanted to discuss something with me..."

A mischievous smile sprawls on his face."You can borrow my Range... but... I don't trust you with it."

"Ha ha ha... very funny." I say sarcastically.

"I've seen you drive Chicago... and it's not impressive."

I ignore his remark. "Can I get dressed now ? I'm getting cold."

He smirks and his dimples appear charmingly on his face.

My heart skips a beat. I'm very tempted to kiss him right now.

I have no choice but to drag him out of my room.

Once he's gone I quickly get dressed in a set of new grey sweat pants and matching sweatshirt. I put on new white sneakers that I find in one of the bags and head down stairs. I make myself an omlette, toast and pour myself orange juice. Once I'm done with breakfast I head for the garage. Edward hands me keys to Wes' black Range Rover. He asks me if he should drive but I say I'm okay driving myself.

Once I get myself settled on the driver's seat my phone buzzes indicating I have a text message.

Wes:Be careful with my Range Ms Brook...it costed me a hundred and eighty three thousand dollars.

The guy has got some nerves.

Chicago:Yes Mr Hughes...I'm already doing a good job.

I take a picture of me getting comfortable in his car and send it to him.

Wes:Get your legs down !

Chicago: Make me !

I put my phone away and start driving knowing very well Wes could come.

I arrive at the coffee shop thirty minutes late. Chrissy is already seated with a coffee mug in front of her. I ignore the smile she gives me when I approach and sit across from her. I order hot chocolate and cookies.

"What is so important that you made me drive two hours, in this weather just to hear ?"

I know I sound like a bitch right now but they kicked me out without listening to what I had to say.

"I have a confession to make..."