Chapter 54🥀Night Light

🎶Listen to Marry Your Daughter by Brian Mc Knight🎵

*CHICAGO'S POV*

"What's going on...? Dad ?! " I call out but there's no response.

I take a deep breath and feel cold shiver run down my spine. My heart stutters and I forget how to breath. I close my eyes and take another deep breath. The air around me feels heavy and charged.

"Dad ?"

I call out again but there's no response.

Just when I'm about to scream at the top of my lungs I see a yellow night light flicker at a distance.

I let out a sigh of relief then another night light flickers. Within a blink of an eye the whole room is full of flickering night lights all in different colors.

I get captivated by the sight and forget that a second ago I was scared to death.

As I'm looking around I see one light beside me go on. I turn to see my dad standing beside. He wraps a hand on my shoulder and I feel my body relax. I then turn the other way only to see Jean seated on a royal blue piano.

She smiles at me and I smile back.

Just when I'm about to say something she starts playing a light note. Within seconds the room gets filled with the beautiful sound.

I start walking towards her but another light behind me goes on.

I hesitantly turn only to see a smiling Wes standing at the end of the room.

He has changed from his charcoal grey suit to a black tuxedo. One of his hand is at his back while the other is holding a white rose.

Just then Brian Mc Night's Marry Your Daughter starts playing.

What's he up to ?

I look at my dad for clues but he's staring at Wes. I shift my gaze back to the man in question and he's walking
towards me while lip syncing the song.

"Sir, I'm a bit nervous 'bout being here today.
Still not real sure what I'm going to say."

When he reaches to where I'm standing he hands me the rose. I take it and smile at him.

"So bear with me please if
I take up too much of your time."

He removes his other hand from his back and in it is a tiny black velvet box. My eyes go wide and I quickly close my mouth with both hands.

"But you see in this box is a ring for your oldest.
She's my everything, and all that I know is...
It would be such a relief if
I knew that we were on the same side.
Cause very soon I'm hoping that I...

I watch him go down on one knee.

"Could marry your daughter and make her my wife
I want her to be the only girl
That I love for the rest of my life,
And give her the best of me 'til the day that I die "

He opens the box and I feel warm streaks of tears fall down my cheeks.

"I'm gonna marry your princess and make her my queen,
She'll the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen ,
I can't wait to smile when she walks down the aisle on the arm of her father
On the day I marry your daughter "