Chapter 19🥀Tears

🎵Listen to Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars🎶

*CHICAGO'S POV*

"Hmm... let me start start. One, I perfected my driving. Two, I started drinking alcohol. Three, I stopped taking those pills you hated so much. Four, I go to therapy-"

"Though you don't talk to the therapist." Logan laughs and I throw a pillow at him.

We were seated on my bed in my room eating pizza and drinking beer.

He was the one who brought the pizza since no one delivers out here.

Logan was to graduate just after thanksgiving which is in four days so this was our little celebration.

Since we got bored he decided we make a nice and notty list for christmas.

"You should wait till I finish. No interruptions." I tell him and he grins.

"Where was I... oh... five, I help steal a six year old's hair."

We both burst out laughing.

"Six, I started eating real food like meat and the rest."

He smiles.

Logan knows what happened to me in highschool that made me turn all vegetarian.

"So... whats my score ?" I ask him shoving my last piece of pizza in my mouth.

"You're definitely notty." I throw another pillow at him and we laugh.

Normal moments like these are the ones I wish I could share with Wes.

Speaking of Wes. He didn't show up home last night. I tried calling him but it went to voice mail.

I check my phone.

3:01 pm

"Earth to Chicago."

I turn and see Logan staring at me.

"Yeah...?"

"I just asked you where will you be spending thanksgiving, Christmas and new year ?"

Christmas was in six weeks and I hadn't really given much thought about where I'll spend it.

If I chose spending it with Wes that'll mean I'll have to meet up with his father and crazy step mother and thats bad aura during the holidays.

If I chose spending it with Logan then I'll have to deal with his match making parents who are convinced we are a perfect match.

"I'll be at home for all three holidays."

Logan raises his eyebrows.
"I thought you'll want to spend Christmas with your boyfriend."

"Wes and I are not dating."

Before Logan could answer my bedroom bursts open.

Wes walks in and heads for Logan. He holds him by the collar of his polo t-shirt and punches him on the face continuously.

I try stopping Wes but I'm pushed off the bed.

I call Chad and he rushes in quickly. He pushes Wes away from a now unconscious Logan.

I run to Logan whose bleeding on my sheets.

Tamika walks in and helps perform first aid on Logan as I tearfully watch.

What just happened.

***

I walk into Wes' study.

Its has been exactly six hours since the incident. Chad called the Hughes' private doctor who came and attended to Logan.

Chad drove Logan back to his apartment once he finally regained consciousness. Tamika removed my bloody sheets and threw them away.

She then replaced them with new ones as she cleaned my room.

"Hey"

He's lying on the couch. His knuckles are tied in bandages. He's still in the clothes he was in when he burst into my room earlier.

"Hi" He answers back while getting up.

I watch him as he walks towards me and the next thing I know he's pushing me against his chest and kissing me hungrily.

"Hey..." I push him away.

"You're drunk Wes... and you didn't come home lastnight.

Oh... and you almost killed LOGAN ! What is up with you!"

Maybe I'm exaggerating about the killing part, but still !

"He was on your bed. The guy clearly has feelings for you."

I close my eyes and calmly breath in and out while counting one to ten backwards.

"Okay Wes... for the last time. Logan and I are friends. Nothing more. You overreacted and almost killed him !"

"I'm sorry." He whispers and I know he truly means it.

Do I really ?

I take his hand and lead him to his room. I then take him to the bathroom where I help him undress get in the shower.

Once he's done I hand him a towel and lead him to his closet. I pick out grey sweats and a white tank top and leave him to get dressed.

I head to the kitchen to warm up the chicken curry we had for dinner dinner.

Twenty minutes later I bump Wes' bedroom door with one hip while holding a tray with his dinner.

He was seated on the bed smiling at me. I handed him the food and watched as he ate.

"This is really nice. Thank you." He mumbles while wrinkling his nose and smiling half bashful.

I nod a welcome.

"I don't deserve you." He whispers but I pretend I didn't hear a thing.

Once he is done I take the tray with the empty plate and place it on his nightstand.

"What happened last night ? Why didn't you come home ? Why were you drunk ?"

He clears his throat but says nothing. When I'm about to ask again he starts talking.

"I think Meghan and I... have a son."

All the color in my face drains.

How did he...?

"I know you're angry but I didn't know till yesterday. That's why I left work and headed to the bar."

My breathing becomes heavy and I look like I've just been punched in the face.

"She's hiding him. I'm going to do a DNA test. Once I confirm he's mine I'm going to do the right thing."

"Which is..." I manage to ask.

"...raise him."

I force a smile on my face.

"With Meghan ?"

"Yes... she's the mother."

Ouch !

"I should go... it's late."

I stand to leave but he holds my hand.

"Why don't you stay with me tonight."

It was more of a statement than a request.

"I have to finish writing something first." I lie and I know he doesn't buy it.

"Goodnight Wes."

"Goodnight Chicago."

I pick up the tray and walk out of his room without giving him one last look.

I lean against the closed door and close my eyes letting the warm tears flow freely down my cheeks.