Prologue 🥀

{Drumrolls please ;) ...}

***

🎵Listen to Wild Things by Alicia Cara🎶

***

"Are we done yet ?" I whine to Logan as he takes more of my pictures.

I am getting uncomfortable in my graduation cap.

I am finally done with university. Today is my graduation. Logan Sollars, my best friend, is the one taking my pictures.

"One more for the road." He says making me smile as I let him have his way.

"Your a keeper Chi." He teases from behind the camera, making me smile even more.

Mostly because of the way he calls me 'Chi'. I always see it as cute.

                     ***

"Chicago Ansley Brook... degree in writting."

Logan reads my certificate out loud from the passenger side of his black Audi.

I am the one driving, even though Logan hates it. He always claims I'm the worst driver but I know better than to believe him.

I sip my large cup of mango smoothie while stealing glances of him staring at my degree in admiration...? envy...?

I'm not sure.

Logan and I were supposed to have graduated the same day. That is ; today.

But due to him missing classes, for reasons unknown even to me, he was forced to re-do a whole semester.

I felt bad for him but then again, he never told me the reason for his many absentism in school.

"I'm proud of you Chi." He says breaking the silence in the car. I stop at my house and hop out of the car as Logan shifts to the driver's side and waves me goodbye.

Once he's out of sight, I check the time on my phone.

4:10 pm

I still have three hours before Logan comes to pick me up.

We are heading to this new club Vile to celebrate me graduating.

                    ***

As we enter the club it is already packed with people. I'm in my silk mini black dress with very slim straps.

My brunette hair is in a messy bun. My red lips perfectly matched the color of my heels making me almost as tall as Logan who's in a black shirt and black jeans and his shoes were a pair of white converse I had bought him on his twenty second birthday.

Logan is a year older than me. He is twenty two while I'm twenty one.

I suggest we head for the bar and Logan agrees.

I order five shots of tequilla as Logan asks for a beer. I gulp all of them at once and walk to the dance floor leaving a shocked Logan staring at me.

He knows I don't drink. I hate alcohol. Just the smell of it makes me sick.

As I dance to Shawn Mendes' Senorita the alcohol takes over me.

A few minutes later I felt strong masculine hands grip my tiny waist. I turn to see the most beautiful grey eyes piercing into my brown ones.

He smiles and leads me by the rhythm of the music.

                   ***

"I love kittens."

I say out of the blues and the mysterious guy with grey eyes smiles.

We are at the bar stand. I'm completely wasted but my mysterious companion with grey eyes and dirty blonde hair seems to be just fine.

"I'm Wes by the way." He says in a low voice.

I loved the way his spoke, his voice gruff and hesitant.

"Chic-ago" I manage to say.

We make conversation for what seems like an hour then he abruptly suggests...

"So why don't we take this party elsewhere."

I'm too drunk to protest. I scan the room for Logan but I can't see him anywhere. I make a mental note to call him later then leave with Wes.

                     ***

The next thing I remember is pushing Wes on the wall as soon as the doors to his penthouse shut.

My mouth devours his angrily and lustfully.

I don't remember wanting anything as much as how I want him right now.

He lifts me and I wrap my legs round his waist while still kissing him roughly.

I should really forfeit all of this but...

Uggghh.

He carries me to his bedroom where a king sized bed stands at the center.

I don't have time to scan my environment right now because I'm busy getting lost in my own world full of fantasies.

He lays me on the bed as he hungrily kisses my neck. I can  see the lust in his eyes and to be honest ; I like it.

He pulls my silk dress over my head as I unbuttoned his shirt.
He helps me with his pants and in a few minutes we were completely free from our clothes.

He smirks at me ; and evil smirk and the next thing I remember is darkness overpowering me.

                    ***

I wake up the next day to an empty bed. My head is sore and my body aches all over.

I sit back on the bed, hugging and rocking myself. A few minutes later I get out of bed and pick up my dress from the floor.

I hesitantly put it on.

It's wrinkled and dirty but that's the least of my problems right now. I catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and my lipstick and mascara are smudged all over my face.

I carry my heels on one hand and my purse on the other and quietly tip-toe out of the lavish penthouse.

I have to kill myself.

I make a mental note as I ride the elevator down.

Tears pool up in my eyes and I try to suppress a sob.