Chapter 8🥀Babe !

🎵Listen to Choose by Tatiana Manaois🎶

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

I am lying on my bed staring at the plain white ceiling. My headphones are on full blast playing Tatiana Manaois' Choose.

I hadn't left my room in a week and Logan wasn't talking to me. I tried calling him several times but he hasn't answered.

Wes left the mansion the day after my fight with Logan and hasn't returned since then. My family has gone MIA on me so I'm left all alone.

Ellen has been bringing my food to my room but I wasn't eating,  not with Logan mad at me. She kept insisting I eat cause I had lost so much weight in just a week but I didn't care.

I close my eyes and let my thoughts take over.

Wes !

Wes !

Wes !

Wes seems to be all I'm thinking of lately... I blame that night at the pool.The small talk, the kiss and his arousal.

I could feel it under water and I freaked out... because I caused that.

My cheeks turn a faint pink at the thought.

Was he attracted to me ?

Pffft

This is all fucked up. This cannot happened, he's my boss !

My stomach groans and I sit up bringing myself back to reality.I ignore it and pick up my phone to try call Logan again.After unlocking it, I realize I still have Wes' name as my password.

I had set it that way the  night he gave me the phone. I'm bad at remembering my own passwords so I decided to go with something short and easy to remember... so I went with Wes.

Stupid ...?

Its not like he'll ever know I have his name set as my password.

That'll be totally embarrassing.

I dial Logan's number again but after three attempts without him picking up it automatically goes straight to voicemail.

Huh...

Lemmie give him space, he'll come around.

My stomach groans harder this time and I still ignore it. I pick up my laptop which is lying open on the nightstand and continue working on Wes' book for the next two hours.

"Ms Brook..."

Ellen's voice breaks the silence in the room.

"Lunch is ready... it's vegetable lasagna."

                   ***

When I enter the kitchen my eyes go wide. All kinds of food are lying on the counter. From chicken nuggets to lasagna to beef stew.

"Ellen, what's all this ?" I ask, clearly clueless.

"Ms Brook you haven't had a proper meal the whole week so I decided to make all this for you..."

I smile.

"Thank you Ellen."

I ignore all the other foods because they mostly consist of meat and pick up the salad and start eating.

I look up after a whike an Ellen is staring at me.

"Ms Brook when and why did you stop eating meat ?"

I chuckle and turn to face her. "Why ask ?"

"Because... I see you scanning the other dishes...why don't you have a bite."