Chapter 32🥀Wish

🎵Listen to Afterglow by Edsheeran🎶

*CHICAGO'S POV*

I stand in the shower much longer than necessary. After Wes had left I went for a cold shower rather than the hot one I had in mind.

Wes had confessed everything I wanted him to, yet I didn't know why I was hesitant.

Maybe because he has a son with his psychotic ex who lives under the same roof as us.

I get out of the shower and get dressed in grey pants and a huge black jumper. I take my phone and dial Logan's number. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey..."

"Hi Logan."

We speak for forty five minutes straight. He tells me that he's spending Christmas and new year in Michigan with his parents and grandparents.

He also mentions about his graduation. We basically talk about everything and nothing.

When the call ends I notice my chocolate drink on the vanity table. I take the cup and sip the now cold drink. Once I'm done I head downstairs with the empty cup.

                     ***
As I'm rinsing my cup in the kitchen sink, I hear commotion at the front door.

I head there and see Jean and Alex at the door. They're all smiles. Serenity comes out of nowhere and runs to hug Jean knocking me in the process.

I notice the instant mood change in Jean and conclude she's not a fan. Jean jumps and hugs me and I hug her back.

"Someone's in a good mood." I tell her and she blushes.

"That's one of the reasons why we came." She looks at Alex as she talks.

"You came because you're in a good mood ?" Serenity asks and Jean clearly ignores her question.

"Where's my brother ?" She asks.

Now I'm the one who blushes. "I don't know. His study maybe."

"Why don't we head for the living room so we can announce why we're here." Jean says.

As we head for the living room Serenity knocks me and I slip but before I could reach the ground I feel strong masculine hands hold me. I turn to see Wes holding me.

"Be careful." He whispers in my ear.

"I'm really sorry Chicago. I don't know what's gotten into me today." Serenity says as she moves to stand between me and Wes.

I'm pretty sure that was no accident.

I look for my phone and see it on the floor. I pick it up but its screen is shuttered.

Thank you universe !

Once we enter the living room Meghan appears and my mood turns gloomy. Jean proceeds in removing red envelopes from her purse. She hands everyone the card except for me.

"Invitations to the Annual Hughes Christmas Party." Meghan squeals.

I look at Jean and all she says is "Jayda was the one in charge of the guest list. I didn't know you were not on the list."

"Don't worry, she'll be my plus one." Wes says smiling and I find myself smiling back.

Alex clears his throat and gets our attention.

"Now back to the main reason why we're here." Alex says.

"We're engaged !" They both announce.

My eyes go wide.

I run to Jean and Alex and hug them both." I'm so happy for you two."

Wes grabs his sister and squeezes her so tight. He then proceeds to hugging his best friend.

Serenity congratulates the couple while Meghan sits at the corner of the room just watching.

Wes leaves the room and comes back with a bottle of champagne and six glasses.

He pours all of us the drink and I'm hesitant to consume mine because it's my first time consuming the drink.

                      ***
I stand behind the glass doors that lead to the jacuzzi and swimming pool. I watch as snow falls on the frozen pool water and empty jacuzzi.

Alex and Jean had stayed for a little bit longer before leaving.

That was an hour ago.

After they left I came here to watch the frozen pool.

"I wish it wasn't snowing so I could swim..."

"Your wish is my command."

I jump at voice behind me and hastily turn around.

When did he get here ?

He's holding two mugs in his hands.

Coffee and hot chocolate.

I can tell from the smells. He hands me the mug of hot chocolate then comes and stands beside me staring at the glass door and I stare at him.