Chapter 31🥀Chills

When all the songs in your playlist don't match the chapter :(

***

*CHICAGO'S POV*

I sing along to Gabby Barrett's I hope the moment it comes on the radio.

Edward keeps staring at me from time to time like I have grown a third eye.

I am seated on the passenger seat of Wes' black range rover. Edward is at the driver's seat navigating through the thick snow.

We had gone to the city to run a few errands... and in errands I mean buying Wes' favourite coffee.

Edward was the one heading out and I happened to be at the right place. I ambushed him and he had no choice but to let me follow him.

"...I hope she's wilder than your wildest dreams she's everything you're ever gonna need... and then I hope she cheats... like you cheated on me..."

I sing as I move my upper body to the rhythm off the song.

Its been two days since the encounter with Meghan. I still haven't had the chance to tell Wes that Meghan knows about our contract.

The main reason... I've been avoiding Wes just as Meghan instructed. I really wasn't into Meghan's threats.

The song comes to an end the exact moment the Range stops at the mansion's front gate.

I watch Edward type in the code and the huge, black, steel, gates open.

Once the Range is packed in the garage I help Edward carry the bags of coffee to the kitchen. I decide to go take a hot bath since I'm now cold.

"Should I make you hot chocolate Ms Brook ?" Tamika asks me as I head upstairs.

I seriously told her to call me Chicago but she said Wes might fire her if he finds we're in a first name basis.

I don't want to picture Wes as the big bad wolf but he is capable of doing exactly that.

I nod a yes to the hot chocolate and head to my room. I unlock the door and get in. I remove my huge jacket and sweater letting them fall to the floor.

As I turn my eyes hold gaze with familiar grey ones.

What the hell ?

I squeal and he chuckles. He's comfortably seated on my bed. His legs are crossed on my comforter and his hands are at the back of his head as he leans on my headboard.

I quickly divert my eyes from his.

What is he doing here ?

"H-How did you get in ?" I stutter as I ask him.

"Through the door."

"Ha ha very funny. Can you leave ?"

I'm least interested in what he's doing here. All I want is for him to leave. That's best for the both of us.

I look up at him and he's smiling widely. He's dimples clearly visible from where I'm standing.

"Why are you not leaving ...? furthermore why are you in my room ?"

He chuckles.

"I came to ask you what you wanted for chrismas. I mean Christmas is in two weeks and you won't be spending it with family... "

He just had to bring that up.

"Thank you for your kind gesture but I don't want any gifts. Now please leave..."

"I want to stay." He says in a firm tone.

"Give me a good reason why I should let you stay..."

He gets up from the bed and I let out a sigh of relief.

Finally he's listening.

I open the door widely for him to get out but when he approaches the door he does the unexpected.

He slams it shut and locks it. I back away and my back hits the now locked door.

"What if I told you that I like you ?" He whispers in my ear and goosebumps form all over my exposed skin.

I look up and our eyes lock. I watch as he traces my jawline with the back of his index finger.

"Why have you been avoiding me ?" He asks in a hoarse voice.

"You know what Wes... I'm not doing this." I say in a not so calm voice.

I shove him away from me and head towards the bathroom. As I approach the door Wes grabs my wrist and yanks me towards him. I bump into his hard huge chest.

"I told you I like you Chicago." He says in a not so loud voice.

I untangle myself from him and he walks towards me. I back away till I hit the hard wall.

What has gotten into him today ?

He walks toward me and pins me to the wall. Before I can protest anything he devours my lips in a kiss.

I neither join in nor resist it. After a moment of debating I find myself wrapping my hands round his neck.

I push myself towards him deepening the kiss.

I knew this was going to happend. I always got dumb where he was involved.

Wes pulls me up to his waist and I feel his boner ready and hungry. I wrap my legs around his waist not breaking the kiss.

I hear a knock on the door but ignore.

Another knock !

And another !

And also another !

"Ms. Brook !" I hear from the other side of the door.

I freeze and break the kiss.

I push Wes away and get down from his waist. We are both out of breath. I fix my clothes and walk towards the door ignoring my beet red cheeks.

I open the door and there stands Tamika holding a cup of steaming hot chocolate.

She opens her mouth to say something but stops herself once she sees Wes. She walks in, places the cup on my vanity table and walks out smiling at me.

"Thank you." I say and my cheeks turn a darker shade of red.

"I should probably leave too..." I hear Wes say behind me.

I move from the door so as to give him a clear path. He walks out but stops once he's standing outside.

"You still haven't told me what you want for Christmas..."

Uuuuuggghhhhh !

I blurt out the first thing that comes into my head.

"I want a bentley... now please leave..."

He chuckles and keeps staring at me.

"I meant what I said Chicago..."

I shift my gaze to the floor.

"I don't like you." I blurt out.

He chuckles. "Whatever makes you sleep at night." He says before turning to leave.