Chapter 17🥀Erick

🎵Listen to Crawling Back to You by Daughtry🎶

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

"Mommy can I have some ?"

I look up at the woman whose carrying her son who looks to be around six years.

"Meghan ?"

She looks at me and her face has goes pale.

"Erick let's go." She tells the boy and practically runs out of the store.

I watch as she enters her car and drives away.

Without thinking I jump into the sports car and follow Meghan. She drives fast and I loose her in just ten minutes. I turn around and head back to the mansion.

As I'm driving back I start to analyze what just happened.

Meghan has a son and he's six years old.

Erick...

Why was she at the store at this hour with a kid and why does no one know of the kid's existence.

Nothing makes sense right now.

When I reach the mansion I see Alex's red lamborghini and I know he's here. I find him in Wes' study going through some pile of dusty documents.

I clear my throat and he looks up.

"Hey"

"Hi"

He continues with whatever it is he was doing and I sit down at the couch and watch.

"You needed something ?" He asks after seeing I had no plans to leave.

"Now that you've mentioned it... I do need something. Tell me about Meghan... and Wes."

He bursts out into a laugh and that gets me by surprise.

What's so funny ?

"There's no such thing as Wes and Meghan. They broke up like six years ago after Meghan left without saying anything."

"Six years ago ?"

"Yeah six. Wes found out something and it pissed him off. I tried to make him talk about it but he was stubborn to tell even me. That's all I know about them. Why are you even asking ?"

"Nothing. I was just curious."

                        ***
When I get to my room I call Logan and tell him everything that had just happened.

"We need to do a DNA test." Logan says.

"And how do we do that ?"

"We have to get both the father's and son's DNA. Preferably hair."

I feel my heart break when Logan refers to Erick and Wes as father and son.

"We have no right to do a test without their consent."

"Who cares about consent. We have to know if Meghan's son is Wes' son."

"Okay"

I just hope I don't come to regret this.

                     ***

It takes Logan and I a week to track Meghan. We find her staying at an apartment not far from central park.

We monitor her movements and find that Erick has a nanny who takes him at the park on wednesdays at three.

On the next wednesday I go to the park dressed as a pregnant lady. I sit next to Erick's nanny who's watching Erick as he plays on the swings.

Logan is hiding behind a bush next to the swings where Erick is playing.

I try making small conversation with the nanny but she doesn't budge. I tell her about my pregnancy but she isn't listening. I finally decide on what am going to do.

I go into labour.

She faces me and trys to help me. A crowd starts to gather and I start to tense.

What if they realise I'm faking all of this ?

Before things get out of hand I feel someone carrying me. I turn and it's Logan .

We head into his car. Once inside we bust out laughing.

"That was fun. We should do it more often." He suggests.

"You mean... steal people's hair ?" I ask.

"Yeah"

I just laugh.

"So did you get it ? Erick's hair ?" I ask.

He lifts up a clear plastic bag with brown hair inside. He then hands me an empty plastic bag.

I eye him uncomprehendingly.

"That's for Wes' hair."

         ***            

              *1 month later*

I wake up in the middle of the night and my throat feels dry.

Water...

I get up and put on my maroon silk robe because I'm in nothing but a sports bra and short shorts.

I walk downstairs with my eyes closed because opening them will mean I'll loose my sleep.

I hear noise coming from the kitchen and my eyes buldge open.

"Tamika !" I call out but there's no response.

I run to the fireplace in the living room and pick the poker as my defense weapon.

I enter the kitchen quietly and immediately let the poker slip from my fingers to the floor.

I look directly into the grey eyes of the intruder. He is seated at the counter eating the left over pasta from dinner.

My mouth falls open and I immediately forget the reason why I was heading to the kitchen.

Wes !

Tears form in my eyes and I start crying. He stands and I practically  jump on him. Wrapping my legs round his waist. He has grown a beard and it looks sexy.

"I missed you." He whispers but I devour his mouth with a kiss.

He places me on the counter and I kiss his neck.

"Where the hell have you been for the last two months ?"

"I've been thinking."

"About...?"

He clears his throat and looks at me.

"Us"

"What about us..."

He doesn't answer. We make out on the counter for a while then he takes me to his room.
We cuddle in silence then fall asleep in each others arms.

I can't believe he's here right now.

                    ***

I wake up at six and Wes is still asleep. I quietly untangle myself from his arms and head for my room.

I come back minutes later with the plastic bag Logan had handed me a month ago. I walk into Wes bathroom and come out with a pair of scissors.

I cut a bit of his hair and place it inside the bag.

I return to my room and call Logan. He picks up on the fourth ring.

"What's wrong with you Chi... it's not yet morning and your calli-"

"I got Wes' hair for the DNA." I say while cutting him off.

"How ...? When ...?"

"I'll explain everything to you."

Once the call is done I walk back into Wes' room and crawl into back into his arms.

"Where were you ?" Wes mumbles in his sleep.

"I had to pee. "

"Mmmh..."

I close my eyes and listen to the sound of his heartbeat .