🕸Chapter...1🕷

🕷🕸

"Skylar honey wake up or you are going to be late on your first day !" I hear my dad shout from the other side of my bedroom door.

I pick up my phone from the nightstand and check the time.

6:48 am

It's almost seven and the sun is already up.

I am supposed to be in school at 8:00. Whoever decided school was to start at eight needed to be tracked down and shot.

Cruel ? I don't think so.

"Okay, am up."

I yell back my voice thick and fatigued.

I sit up on my bed and yawn. Am tired yet it's my first day.

I walk into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I wait till the water is a little bit warm then hop in.

I come out of the bathroom ten minutes later wrapped in my pink Dora the Explora robe. My blonde hair is all wet and has already formed large curls.

I pick out today's outfit, a white sundress, black sandals and a denim jacket.I look at myself in the mirror and smile.

I pick up my bag and leave my room. While going downstairs I check the time on phone.

7:02 am

I smile.

When I get downstairs I find Jenna, my dad's girlfriend making omelettes.

Yuck !

The only thing she knows how to make is noise. Why doesn't she just stick to that ?!

You see... I think Jenna dates my dad because of the money rather than love, and everyday she keeps proving me right.

"Oh darling, that's such an awful dress on you." She says once she sees me.

"Good morning to you too Jenna." I say in sarcastic tone.

I know what she's trying to do and it won't work.

Not today.

I can't risk having a bad first day just because Jenna wanted to pull one on me. I turn to leave the kitchen.

"The dress is stunning, but your figure just doesn't make it shine."

I stop on my tracks and face her. "Not today Jenna. Not today."

She raises one of her eyebrows and continues diminishing me. "Oh and darling... do comb your hair and have it in a neat bun. You look like a freak."

I flinch slightly at her words but shrug them off. I swear one day am going to kill her, revive her and kill her again.

***

"We're here Ms.Quin."

My dad's chauffer, William announces. I nod a polite thank you and walk out of the car.

William is in his early fifties and has been my dad's chauffer ever since I was born.

I look at my new school. I guess this is where I'll be spending my last year of highschool.

My dad was against it. He insisted on home schooling but I wanted to go out and see the world.

My dad, Jenna and I just moved to Illinois a week ago. We used to stay in Miami, Florida where my mom and dad shared custody over me but three weeks before we moved my dad won full custody of me and decided we move to a different state.