Chapter 23🥀Apologies

🎵Listen to Heartbreak Whether by Niall Horan🎶

*WES' POV*

11:00 pm

I sit on the high chair in kitchen enjoying a cold glass of whiskey. I'm on my second bottle which is now half empty.

It has been two days since my fight with Chicago. She doesn't want to see me.We haven't crossed paths for two whole days yet we live under the same roof.

I haven't seen her coming out of her own room. I inquired with Tamika and she said Chicago comes out of her room at around 11:20pm to get her dinner and a few snacks.

Today when she comes down she'll find me here.

As for Meghan she's still staying in the mansion and as much as I want her gone, I just can't throw her out.

She's the mother of my son.

That night when she insulted Chicago, I felt like choking the life out of her but what would Erick think of me trying to hurt his mother.

Erick is still in France with Meghan's parents. They said they would bring him back to American for Christmas.

I really am anxious to meet him.

As I'm pouring myself another glass of whiskey I see Chicago standing at the doorway, her arms crossed. We stare at each other for a while and I can't help but think...

She's early.

She walks towards me and I notice her eyes are not the usual shade of brown. She climbs onto my lap and devours my lips into a kiss.

She smells different.

"Chicago ?" I whisper to her.

"Mmmmh"

She keeps kissing me but I don't join in.

She feels different.

Very different.

I see someone standing at the door. I break the kiss and turn to see Chicago standing at the door watching.

Chicago ?!

I turn to the Chicago on my lap and thats when I see Meghan smiling at me. I quickly push her off my lap.

I get up and walk towards Chicago but she stops me by raising her index finger.

She walks towards the fridge and removes a plastic container full of brownies that Tamika had prepared earlier then leaves the kitchen.

I want to run after her but I know she won't listen to anything I have to say. I turn and see Meghan staring at me while a devilish smirk is plastered on her face.

***

I wake up with the worst hungover. I drag myself to the bathroom and head for the shower.

Forty five minutes later I'm in my blue sports car driving myself to work.

I skipped breakfast since I wasn't hungry. I'll have Rachel get me something from Starbucks later.

When I get to the office I directly head for Jean's office. She too hasn't talked to me since thanksgiving. I tried calling her but she's ignoring all my calls.

Women ?!

"Ms Hughes said she doesn't want to be disturbed." Jean's snotty secretary, Poppy says to me but I completely ignore her.

I told Jean to fire her because she irritates me but Jean said, and I quote ; "...the fact that she irritates you is why I hired her... and the fact that you don't like her is why she's staying..."

My sister can be savage at times.

***

I push open Jean's office door. She's seated on her desk facing Alex who's seated on her black, leather, swivel chair.

They're both laughing at something on Jean's phone and don't even notice my presence.

I clear my throat and they both turn. The smile on Jean's face immediately fades away.

Great ! She's still mad.

"What are you doing in here ?" she questions while getting off her desk.

"Let me excuse you both." Alex stands up to leave but is stopped by Jean.

"I'm here to apologize. I'm sorry Jean." I say.

She stares at me but says nothing.

"What are you specifically sorry for ?" She asks and I squint my eyes at her.

She really is going to make this difficult.

"You're all that I've-" I start saying when I'm cut off by her when she jumps and hugs me.

" I've missed you too." I hear her whisper in my ear.

"Cute" I turn and Alex is smiling at us. I break the hug and stare at Jean.

"I love you little sister."

"I'm not your little sister... we're twins... remember ?" She says while faking a frown. I just smile at her.

"I came first." I mumble.

"Pfffft...You wish." I hear her say and Alex bursts out laughing.

"I need your help..." I finally say.

"What's wrong...?" She asks, a look of concern sprawled on her face.

I spend the next twenty minutes explaining to Jean and Alex what happened after thanksgiving dinner.

"Why would you let Meghan say all that to her ?" Alex asks once I'm done explaining.

"Why is she still staying at the mansion ?" Jean asks.

"What will Erick think when he finds me mistreating his mother ?" I try to reason.

"He'll learn that he has a witch for a mother !" Jean says angrily and I chuckle at the remark.

"Why don't you let her in..." Alex suggests. "... let her in. She deserves to know one or two things about you."

I think on what Alex just said. He's right... I need to let Chicago in... even if it's just a little bit.