Chapter 39:DNA

Not edited.

***

Listen to Heartless by The Fray

   *CHICAGO'S POV*

"Oh! My! God!"

I rub my eyes and look at the paper again.

"This is so messed up."

I run back to the car and drive back to Richard's mansion.As I'm driving I look myself in the rearview mirror,my anxiety level was on level ten.I wonder how everyone's going to react to what I'm about to tell them.

When I reach the mansion I'm met by pin drop silence.I guess the party is over. I mean it has been exactly four hours since I left.Two hours to and from the mansion.

I head for the living room and see Wes first. He's seated on the couch looking worried. Meghan is right beside him massaging his shoulders.

I roll my eyes and continue scanning the room. Jayda is seated next to Richard who's smoking a cigar.Serenity is on her phone smiling at something while Alex and Jean are seated watching Wes with worried expressions on their faces.

What's up with them ?

I walk in and all their heads snap to face me. Wes jumps from where he's seated and comes to hug me.

"Where have you been ? " Wes asks in an anxious tone.

"We've been calling you but you haven't picked up any of our phone calls."Jean says.

I ignore whatever it is they're saying and head to where Meghan is standing.

"You know...I never liked you from day one.I always knew you were up to something but I couldn't put my finger on it."

Everyone's just quiet and staring at me.

"Chicago...what's going on ?" Wes asks as he comes to stand beside me.

"Erick is not your son."I blurt out.

"What the hell are you talking about !"Richard shouts and I feel myself shake.

Jean turns and faces her father."Dad...let her talk."

"...Wes...Erick's your brother...your half brother to be precise."

I hear Jean gasp.

"What are you talking about...?" Richard asks.

Wes snatches the paper I have been holding since I left the mansion.He stares at it for what seems to be an hour then looks at Meghan despicably.He purchased to hit her but Jean beats him to it.Alex runs to hold Jean who's prepared to throw another beat.

"How is Erick my brother !"Jean shouts at a now sobbing Meghan.

"It was an accident..." Meghan sobs.

We all are quiet and watch as Meghan sobs.I actually feel sorry for her.I wasn't expecting her to break down and cry.

Richards takes the DNA test results from Wes and leaves the room.

"Get out !"

I hear Wes say to Meghan in a cold voice.I see him trying so hard not to strangle her.

"You said everything will be okay !"Meghan shouts at Alexa and we all turn to face Alexa.

"How does she know..." Jean asks no one in particular.

"She found out about the pregnancy six years ago and forced me to have an abortion.I refused and she paid me a large sum of money to go away. That's why I left.I came back because she stopped paying."

"Get out Megh !" Wes holds her arm and throws her to the floor.

"Wes! Enough!"I shout at Wes and he stops himself from doing anything he'll come to regret.

I help Meghan up and lead her upstairs.

"Why are you helping her ?" Wes asks me and I ignore him.

"Do you know why I've not told anyone about your contract with Wes ?" Meghan asks me once we're at the bottom of the stairs.

I shake my head no.

"... because... I want Wes to break your heart all on his own."

With those words she heads upstairs.

##
When I get back to the living room I see Wes leave in a whirlwind of anger.

"Go after him."Jean says to me.

I ran after Wes without any second thoughts.He gets into the driver's seat of his lamborghini and I hop onto the passenger side.

We drive for an hour in silence.I steal glances at Wes and see that his jaws are clenched.I try making conversation with him but he doesn't buldge.

"Where are we ?"I ask Wes once we enter an underground parking lot of an unfamiliar building.He heads for the elevator and I follow suit.As we're riding the elevator upstairs a dizzy spree hits me and I lean on Wes for support.

"Are you okay ?"He finally speaks his first words after the Meghan incident.

I place my hand on my forehead and feel the dizzy spree leave.

"He speaks..."I say to Wes as the elevator door open.

He grabs my arm and leads me into a penthouse.His penthouse.
I didn't even recognize it.

I walk to the couch and sit down.I watch Wes head to a liquor cabinet and remove a bottle of whiskey.He pours himself a glass and gulps it.He continues till he's drunk.I walk to him and hug him.

I lead him to the bathroom and set the shower for him.Twenty minutes later he walks out all freshened up.
I hand him the cup of tea I had made while he was in the shower.

"I want coffee..."he says.

"I know but for some reason it's making me sick." He chuckles then proceeds to sip his tea.

"Do you want to talk about it ?" I ask him.

"Talk about what ?"

"The ten tonne weight on your shoulders ?"

He breaks the hug and looks me straight in the eye.

"I broke up with Meghan six years ago because I found her cheating on me...with my dad."

I freeze.