xlvi. last christmas

FORTY SIX

THE NEXT MORNING, Rory woke up by Ginny shaking her awake softly with a giggle

THE NEXT MORNING, Rory woke up by Ginny shaking her awake softly with a giggle. Rory's eyes fluttered open to see the girl's freckled face above her, red hair falling in front of her face.

"Happy Christmas, Rory!" She smiled, "You want to wake her up?"

Rory smiled and rolled her eyes, "Happy Christmas, Gin. Don't be rude. I'll wake her." The girl sat up and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes before reaching over to the camp bed on the floor and giving Fleur a light shake, "Fleur! Wake up! It's Christmas!"

The blonde girl opened her eyes and smiled, Rory didn't understand how anyone could look so beautiful so early in the morning. Ginny jumped on to Rory's bed with a gift in her lap.

"Rory! Open your gift from Mum with me! I want to see what color you got this year!" Ginny said as Rory shuffled through her pile of presents. She picked out the one with the same wrapping as the one Ginny was holding.

"Fleur, you want to open yours first too?" Rory asked.

Fleur looked through her much smaller collection of gifts and frowned, "I don't see one... Perhaps she 'as forgotten! She 'as so many to make. I don't blame her for not thinking of me when she 'as all her kids and you and 'Arry. It's okay, though."

Rory suddenly became very sad, "No, Fleur. It's not okay..." The image of everyone at breakfast in their jumpers except for Fleur broke Rory's heart, she wouldn't let that happen. Luckily, the girl had a solution. She got up and opened her small bag of clothes she had brought. Rory had a terrible habit of always forgetting to unpack from the trip prior, however it came in handy when she pulled out the jumper Fred had left in her, Ginny, and Hermione's room at Grimmauld Place which Rory obviously stole (she knew that was his intention, given the fact it was his jumper from third year and clearly didn't fit him, but it fit Rory). Rory handed Fleur the burnt sienna colored garment and smiled.

"F for Fleur! Well, for Fred but... it works!" Rory said.

The French girl in front of her looked as if she were going to cry and she gratefully accepted the jumper, "Rory, you are so thoughtful! 'Zis is 'ze best gift I 'ave ever gotten!"

Rory nodded, "You deserve it, Fleur. Alright, now that that's settled..." Rory ripped open the paper and reveled her fourth Weasley sweater, this year was a deep purple with a gold "R". She assumed Fred once again wanted to give her her gift in person because it was absent from the others. Remus got her a stack of books, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. She had gotten other smaller gifts from the others, nothing from Aaron or her father so she assumed they would bring them over for Christmas dinner.