lii. the one

FIFTY TWO

RORY GRABBED FRED'S HAND and stumbled out of the muggle cinema

RORY GRABBED FRED'S HAND and stumbled out of the muggle cinema. It was nearly completely dark out with nothing but street lamps and headlights illuminating the busy streets of London. It was date night. A rare occurrence for them both, but when they did have a chance to sneak off from their busy lives, it was wonderful.

Going to the movies was Rory's favorite thing to do with Fred. Bowling was high on the list, but she hated how he would sneak his wand out and cheat. The movie they had just seen was a bit of a silly one. Hercules. Rory was glad after all those years of trying to explain what Disney was and why she was called Aurora, that Fred could witness the magic for himself.

Escaping to the muggle world for a night was a good distraction from everything around them.

"Where to next?" Fred asked, clearly wanting to get away from the Saturday night crowd.

"We're not going home until you experience the magic of Chinese takeaway on a Saturday night." She smiled, still holding on tightly to his large hands.

"Alright," he sighed, "Take it away."

The couple trudged to the restaurant and got what they needed to head back to their flat. They found a back ally to apparate and with a pop, they were standing in their small living room, takeaway in hand.

George was sitting on the couch, reading over a single piece of parchment.

"How was your night, George?" Rory asked with politeness, "Did you —"

He shook his head, "Not yet... I'm going over in a bit and then... I really don't want to do it. But I just know I have to."

Fred nodded, "It'll be alright, mate. We'll be here for you when you get back if you need anything."

"Thanks," he said softly, "So how was the movie?"

Rory smiled, "Wonderful. Although Fred here didn't seem to think so!"

"I never said that!" He put his hands up in surrender, "I just preferred My Best Friend's Wedding, that's all. Thought the singing was a bit rubbish."

Rory muttered under her breath, "Yeah I'll show you rubbish." She then grabbed the bag of food and said, "Wanna eat this on the floor?" Fred nodded and followed Rory into his bedroom leaving George by himself.

Rory sat down and began setting the food out in front of their bed. She inhaled the delightful scent as her stomach growled with hunger.